Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

@harry49 wrote:
Have you got your LEDs turned on??

ahh that could be it. i only see the leds when charging and changing the battery.

Highlighted
Tourist

Jeez, so much confusion. Please guys, in my opinion you will not eliminate battery drain. To a smaller or larger degree you cannot stop it. Smart phones drain, two way radios drain, batteries drain in RC vehicles not in use. The issue is NOT regular consistent drain over time. It is the opposite. Rapid drain overnight from approx MID battery level to ZERO. Or Large losses over 1, 2 or 3 Days to ZERO. Please stop complicating the issue. I can get around normal battery drain. I cannot get around unpredictable, loss of battery power overnight. I want GOPRO to answer why this is so. I have already had one H7black exchanged on admission by GOPRO it is probably faulty. The replacement may be heading the same way, when my testing concludes. How many Gopro H7black exchanges does it take, till we get to H8 black, with still no admission of fault or remediation. Offering an exchange doesn't cut it, if all the exchange units have the same fault.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Please   go to voice Cotrol and Wake On   is it N/A or off  or On,  If it is N/A great. that means you tuned offVoice control and Wake On is OFF.  if you have that feature Set to OFF, or On its bes tto  have it set to N/A.     People call it Stand By so make sure your Stand By is OFF.  that is part  of a Battery Drain.   

For Rc stuff People want you to keep bats at Storage  till ready to re-use and then charge to Full. let rest to cool down, and then Rest  for  charge for storage to use another day if it's the next run a day later.

Highlighted
Hiker

@harry49 sure, but I got another huge drain from half to 0 in 7h. Please report back when you did all the testing. I won't even try a replacement if the issue is here for almost everyone 

Highlighted
Tourist

fishycomics is correct. Voice actuation must be turned OFF. If left turned ON, then even when the camera is switched off, it will continue to "listen" for a voice command to "wake up". Power is consumed when left in this mode, even when the phone is turned off.
Highlighted
Adventurer

@harry49   Oh man I thought I  do a video just showing.. and let me say this now or if I can say it clear  that all understand.  I      make sure we can get a REP like @jefft  that came back on after  taking a long vacation. or another Moderator to watch this clip very carefully:

1 I turn on the APP, and GoPro I  simply  show to turn on and off via tha APP  I turn on voice control, and I turn on kae on and look at the gopro it  is wake on OFF, WHY?  Could this Be  a start of the Drain issue hmmmm

why.png

Her is hte Video makesure you all  got  things Off I demo only Voice contro.

Maybe Some one in GoPro can as well do what I just did, how many of us  can replicate this   Just me (Wink)

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi fishycomics. Nice video. You may be on to something. In my testing so far, I have tried to keep the procedure as simple as possible, not using the phone App. I will now give that a try. thank you
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi fishycomics. Looked at your video quite a few times. In my case, my H7black in camera is set to N/A for "wake on call" when voice activation is ON. When I connect to the App, turning Voice activation ON in the App automatically turns ON "wake on call" in App and in Camera. At this point whatever I do in App is mirrored in camera and Vis Versa. If I turn OFF voice control at the camera it turns Off in App and control of "voice on wake" disappears. This is reflected in camera by "voice on wake" showing N/A. In addition, it is possible in App to have "voice control" ON and wake on call OFF This is also reflected in camera. Very confusing, but I hope I got your meaning??