Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

[ New ]

SO watching clips of DJI  that said it all Give to   their chosen people, and  Launch it  some   gave info on this and that.  of the one's we all watched. they are not the Consumer yet and that is wherre I am waiting on.

March through May  DJI  vids show  one or two importan  things:  

• Panning stutter
  • Low Light EIS issue

These were two GoPro  issues we all had with the camera  so is History repeating itself?  Do you like hearing more then a Beep for a  start and stop record?

Do you like the way the Housing case blocks the Mic ports

Do you like the Front &vrear tocuh screen  switch stopping  4 seconds and restarting record when switching

Do you like  that there is no  Iso min and max  adjustment but an ISO setting?

Do you like that there is not an HDMI Jack port

Do you like that there is not a correct Dongle  for  external mic

Do you like the newly designed  combo battery door.

These are just some of the pick ups  of the  downs I see of the camera  from  the Tubers out there , and can tehse  downs been addressed?

I do like the  screw on/off lens that is a must 

I do like the front display that it is optional to adjust  different sizes

I do like that Bluetooth is used for connections

Two or more other concerns that may stop you or  you may say"

• TimeWarp
  • LiveStream
  • Highlight tagging
  • Dual recording vid + photo

No talk or show  of any of these features and did talk about how the camera used Bluetooth then wifi, but yet actually said streamed , they dshown how  livestream (miss worded) only so many feet 10 meters 30 feet or so, direct view of camera no obstruction.  SInce DJI is a Ambrella chip that feature of vid + Photo is most likely in there or will get added  

SO I am sure DJI is holding back then fully releasing it all, as Any Camera company woulddo is make a camera and start to add as they Go.     This is where GoPro has to step back up to the Plate. People are asking  about hte Hero 5 same Ambrella chip if so, to  increase the EIS up a level or two.  and that answer we know is  Ram or memmory.  

GoPro needs t ocome on and start addressing this Battery Issue that  they may have. Maybe they can simply  come in  and request member one t osend in their product and free ofcharge replace wit ha Inspected working one.  GoPro works on a One to One bases do they not.    We want to all Be happy and we are happy. Just a select few have issues and that is where the select must get to GoPro and gopro must step up and do the right thing.

DJI, GoPro whoever. you go to,  soem can afford and some can not but  it is a camera you choose and use and bottom line is we want to share moments then issues. 

FISH

Tourist

[ New ]

ive noticed the discharge rate is higher from the chinese supplied battery. this is with the camera being off and all the features being off.

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes FISH for sure. Though there strategy would be to wait till after DJI launch. Do an assessment, adjust H8, then release to public.
Tourist

[ New ]
I'm testing my H7black battery against H7 Silver battery.
So Black is down to 65% Silver is down to 76% after 7 days. Silver also had 2 days head start on Black.
Tourist

[ New ]
Travis. You say H7b battery use is higher (than what for Comparison)

Cheers
Tourist

[ New ]

I got my 3th replacement for my Hero 7 White, still the same problem about battery drain when camera is off and everything turned off. Switching or removing sd-card doesn't solve the problem. Last night I made last test and battery went from 100% to 70% in just 6 hours when everything were off! I will probably return also this camera to get the new Osmo. It's a shame that GoPro is not able to fix the problem since I'm sure that it's a software issue and not an hardware issue.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @agileshore17411

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Please continue working with our Support Team regarding this.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @agileshore17411

Sorry for any troubles caused.

Please continue working with our Support Team regarding this.

Thanks!

Ej

I already did it and they suggested me to replace the camera from the shop where I bought it, but after 3 replacements I'm very disappointed since the problem continues.