Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

Having said that, I wonder what the DJI Action Camera will bring to the table when it is released in under a hours time. Could become a rather interesting marketplace...
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, well wasn't very impressed with low light examples I seen but no doubt there will be some good reviews covering this  and everything else and comparisons didn,t look earlier but hey I could have had a DJX3 with gimbel for the sless than this 7 black with the extras i got

Cheers,Brent

Highlighted
Tourist

I think Gopros generally are not the best tool for low light, mostly due to the small sensor size. Though having said that, there are some phones out there that do a fairly good job. It's not about pixel counting either, but how they are arranged on the sensor face. Some now are multi layered sensors. Don't ask how that works🤔😎
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi grumpier.
Yes that will be very interesting. Feeling a bit vulnerable sitting on a less than perfect device. Forced to carry around a pocketful of batteries, all cos good old Gopro engineering can't or won't find a fix.
Highlighted
Tourist

Sorry, should be grumpybear above.
Highlighted
Hiker

Yep. Just a word from engineering acknowledging that they are aware of the issue and that they are looking into it / have found a solution. Very sad that silence is the way they went :-(
Highlighted
Tourist

Highlighted
Tourist

@sweetcreek58382 wrote:

https://www.cinema5d.com/dji-osmo-action-gopro-hero7-king-action-cams-dethroned/

and the engineers at gopro are probably falling over themselves, getting the 8's out the door, abandoning the 7's.