Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

Why is the gopro wifi always on?
Highlighted
Tourist

The WiFi needs to stay on to run the battery down. Obviously.
Highlighted
Explorer

Wi-Fi is not always on. If connections are turned on, Bluetooth remains on for up to eight hours to allow for re-connection wirelessly.
Highlighted
Hiker

A few days on and I have been turning on the gropro checking the battery and turning it off without removing the battery and it is now at 72%, so not the best result but not the worst. The battery usage started to occur faster as soon as I stopped removing and reinstalling the battery. So there is a difference between the two 'off' states (which I woudl have assumed would have really been the same).

Sent my details to feedback. Signed up to news letter. Now waiting for a beta invite to try and help find the source of this battery drain isssue.

Highlighted
Hiker

Haha

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello Yes, since I stopped removing the battery and put it back in each use, I feel much better, I also have everything off, even when I turn off the gopro, I keep the button for 3 seconds and make the sound of the beeps, you have What to turn off in the moment, I realized that if the camera does not turn off in the instant, it is there when the recurrent battery starts draining, so I turn it on again and turn it off, until it turns off at the same instant , so I have a battery consumption of 5% every 24 hours, which does not seem too much, it would have to be less equally. So far the only temporary request that I found regards
Highlighted
Tourist

@guillosInteresting now that you mention it.  I did notice that there were times when the GoPro would take longer to turn off.  Like after the beep, the camera would still be on for like a good 2 or 3 seconds before everything goes off.  I never correspond it to the battery depletion though but maybe you are onto something here.  :)  At the moment, I don't feel like trying anything so I can't add to this observation.  I am doing to remove/reinsert battery workaround.

Highlighted
Tourist

I've noticed that if you take a picture before shutting down the camera, It will shut down immediately after the beep sounds. So it triggers something related to memory and this is why I think there is a list of compatible sd card to be used.

Unfortunately battery is still drawning. Slower, but still!

From 100% to 88& in 5 hours. 

Felix