Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

I charged mine without the SD card had no issues, I also charged the 2nd battery which seemed to take longer but it charged after 6 hours. I did notice when you first use it that the battery level drops but when you shut it off and turn it back on it seems to increase,  I believe Go-Pro Team stated that the firmware was updated to eliminate these issues.  

Highlighted
Tourist

My GoPro is really unstable also with the latest firmware update. Sometimes if I put it on charge the red leds doesn`t turn on but the camera charge anyways, the battery drops from 100% to 0 in a night with wifi and voice settings turned off. Somethimes the camera doesn`t start and when i put it on chage it turns on immediately by itself and the battery is around 15/20%. In a few words the GoPro Hero 7 Black do whatever it want to do, I think that it have is own personality. Good job GoPro you made the first virtual intelligence that have his own uncontrollabe counsciousness.

Highlighted
Explorer

@andrean28760
Your issues are most likely related to one or more of these:
Bad SD card (cards can have manufacturer and/or use damage too)
Bad battery
Bad firmware install
Or manufacture defect camera

Most people do not have these issues. I have three hero7 black and one hero7 white. None of my cameras display any of the issues you noted.contact the GoPro support team and they should be able to help you out.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks @danielr15 for your reply.
My SD card is a brand new 64GB SanDisk that GoPro recommend I tried it in an older camera and it works fine. Today I tried to set the GPS off, tomorrow morning I will see what the results are. I will try to cancel and reinstall the last firmware manually, If the problem is not solved I think that the only solution is to send the product in assistance
Highlighted
Explorer

I agree. It shouldn't be giving you these issues. Be sure to do the following:
Go to preferences>Reset and factory reset the camera
Turn it off and remove the SD card
Download the manual update to your computer
Extract the UPDATE folder into your computer
Insert your SD card into your computer and do a Full (not quick) format
Copy the UPDATE folder (not UPDATE.zip) to the SD
Eject the SD and put it in your camera
Using the side Mode/Power button, turn the camera on and wait for the update to compete
Once done, go to Preferences>Reset and format the SD
Once that is done, go to Preferences>Reset and factory reset the camera again.

Just out of curiosity, on the top of the battery by the terminals, is there a (+) (-) or is it blank?
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks again for your reply.
After the night with also the GPS off the camera has drained 100% of the battery and is dead. Where there are the terminals of the battery there is a + and - symbol.
Now I will try to charge again the battery, I will remove the SD card and see if the battery still drains.
If the camera will die again I will update it manually like you have explained, than we will see what happens.
Highlighted
Tourist

Ladys and Getlements I`m glad to annunce that GoPro have setted up a new Guinnes World Record today: the battery of my camera went from 45% to dead in around 5 minutes. I`ve tried all the test and solutions that I could do but nothing have fixed the problems. I`m sorry but my love story with this GoPro Hero 7 Black ends today for me. I have it for like one week, and actually is the longest love story that I`ve ever had, so I`m happy with that. I will contact the support and see if they can replace it. 

@danielr15 I`ve done all the things that you have suggested but the problems remains, anyways thank you for your support I have appreciate it.

Highlighted
Explorer

No problem. Best of luck.