Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

[ New ]
I manually updated mine to version 1.61 and the quick capture button just randomly wont work and same goes for the power/mode button. I have to take out the battery and reinsert it to power the camera back up again.

I’m seriously hoping GoPro really resolves this issue
Tourist

[ New ]

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sinbad683,

Sorry to know that.

Please get in touch with our customer support team.

They can assist you with that. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

-Jy

Tourist

[ New ]

The problem seems to be almost solved.
firmware 1.61
GSP, Wi-Fi, voice: OFF
After charging the battery, the indicator shows 100%20181214_122044.jpg
after 4 H, when the camera was turned on, the indicator showed 100%
the 1080/50 recording time was 1H 5020181214_211916.jpg
On the second charging, which lasted more than 3H after removing the plug, the LED was still on.20181215_142200.jpg He did not respond to the switch button so I had to take out the battery. I checked the battery charge and it was 97%. I connected the charging again. 30 minutes later, the LED did not shine. I checked the batteries, the indicator showed 100%.

Tourist

[ New ]
I doubt it's a hardware problem, since other guys with the 1.61 update are experiencing the same thing. But I'll check with the store where I bought my camera from what are the terms of the Warranty.
Hiker

[ New ]

Después de varios días desde la actualización a 1.61, he encendido hoy la cámara hoy por primera vez. Estaba al 98%. He hecho unos cuantos encendidos y apagados y me he encontrado con otra sorpresa. Me ha pasado varias veces. En las dos GoPro 7 black que tuve anteriormente y resultaron defectuosas, me ocurrió alguna que otra vez, pero ahora lo ha hecho varias veces. A a hora de apagar la cámara, tarda unos 5-10 segundos en apagarse tras el sonido de los pitidos. ¿Que ocurre con GoPro?. Sin duda no se están haciendo bien las cosas y tras años con GoPro, no creo que repita. Es una vergüenza que un producto tan caro y con tanta fama, tengo este tipo de problemas. 

Dejo un vídeo: 

Adventurer

[ New ]

try  recording then try QC the ntry a longer time on standby you get the idea it all varies its not a 2 second shut down wit hthis camera it all varies.

Adventurer

[ New ]

H7B 100% charged 2.7k60Linear protune on Hypermooth on  scorxhing hot to the touch 5 sec's that tells me the actual tep is 146 degrees ferenheit on the lens protector.  20 minute max no tempeture  over heat.  what I seen and noticed only from the back screen only.

20 minute screen goes black  and off she  goes the leds  finalize the  camera, Sound was muted. and when on turn on file repaired.

able to turn on and battery Life is a 3% and able to  leave sit for 15 in the on position before the autp is off and then run another 10 minutes and the screen blacks out the front led  correctly flashes while the back is every five seconds, untill  the battery gives. I gave up before the battery did Lol

1 FW 1.61  reports incorrect battery time

2 fw 1.61 says no low battery on back

3. able to see the screen  greyed light on black at a given time.

4. able to touch screen and  place on  Exposure Lock and get off on a full black screen with 3% left

5. able to  shut down and turn on to again see 3% battery indication when the last 20-3- were 3% left?

you can send this to your team and come back with FW 1.71    Am I the only one that sees this?