Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black Battery Issues

[ New ]

Sorry I had to post that  b/c you know that old saying spread a rumer and watch it grow:

SOrry to hear about your defects and or faults.  I found out as the battery  starts to get to a lower percentage the camera will conserve and problems come about, b/c that is what we all thing aproblem  is caused due to GoPro  not doing it perfectly.  As I was say 15% bat life left  with the promic I  got hte led lit on front OFF on the back lit ON, and on the bottom flashing fast?  that is an indicator of something.  

If our battery is at 98% or whatever.  Maybe it's time to go buy a aftermarket and try. if you are  worried.  in the mean time ask gopro for a   extra battery for hte inconvience.  Chat with them  no one like talking todau.  I am old school, I pick the phone up and I call.    how I o things

While typing  thank you @danielr15 for the cuddles  (lol)

Adventurer

[ New ]

@danielr15 wrote:

@fishycomics

When? Smiley LOL

@jayr3438  this is thr Person that spread the  actual Rumer  if @jayr3438  lets see if He can asnwer that question we want a  date.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fishycomics and 

@danielr15

I don't know the exact date yet but as far as I know it  will be released in December.

We'll let you know if we already have the exact details.

Thanks,

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

Phew! I'm glad to hear that. I just bought mine over a week ago and I'm experiencing the same or similar problems that everyone that I read up on this forum has. Left my gopro hero 7 charging overnight for more than 7 hours via my laptop's USB port and still the red LEDs are still on. I turned the camera on and the battery percentage is 97% and that's from charging it over night! 

I had updated its firmware via the GoPro app as per instructions when I first turned on the camera. I never had these charging issues with my ancient Hero 4 Session from which I upgraded from. 

To temporarily solve this issue. I have just recently ordered the GoPro Dual Battery Charger with the extra battery that it comes with. So I can finally fully charge the battery that the camera came with. Also to have more juice whilst being on the road on my bike here in the Philippines

Shamless plug :P : https://www.youtube.com/sinbad683 

Nomad

[ New ]

Hi

Not everyone has this issue, my camera is charging to 100% (by USB > PC or Asus Zenfone 3 charger)but without using is falling down ... :) .After 4 days to 87% (all systems off - to be clear - VC/BT/WIFI/GPS/ and yes correct SD card)

I did a test - If you put out battery and after 3 days put in again - battery has the same level, conculsion : GP7 eats to much power to hold data, clock etc..so there is no problem with battery as many said in my opinion.

I think we must wait to new update.

Tourist

[ New ]

I think there are multiple problems with GoPro on the H7 and the decision to use Chinese made batteries.  I do not have the battery loosing charge leaving it inside the H7 when using the V batteries.  In fact, I just did that, put in a V batteries and didn't use it for 2 days, just used it today and it still read 100% when I first turn it on.  I have all wifi, bluetooth, voice activation, etc turned off.  But I have 3 separate C batteries loosing charge on their own outside the camera.  Granted the rate that the C batteries loosing charge on their own has slowed down with charge/use cycle.  This is causing even more confusion for us end users as we are seeing in consistent bad behaviors.  Kinda sucks.

Tourist

[ New ]
How you take of the battery from GoPro hero 7 white. I need to restart de camera, it stops working when I updated
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fastwater24065

The battery for HERO7 White and Silver are non-removable.

If the camera is stuck on the update, it's best to let the battery drain out.

Charge the camera then proceed with a manual firmware update.

https://gopro.com/update/hero7-white

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Tks Ej, but how can I see if the battery is charging. No lights are working!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for getting back to us @fastwater24065

Please try these steps, and see if the camera will respond:

1. Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove and reinsert battery.
  2. Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
  3. If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
  4. Note: This step is only for HERO7 Black, if you have HERO7 White or Silver, proceed to Step 5. If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, remove the battery and connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, let it sit for 5 seconds and try to turn the camera on (with the battery still removed). NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera. If the camera does not turn on, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable. 
  5. If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
  6. Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
  7. If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Explorer

[ New ]
I think #5 needs to be modified to read,
"If/when red LEDs illuminate, insert battery (HERO7 Black), allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes."

In step #4 for HERO7 Black, having the battery removed is emphasized. Step #5 would need the battery replaced in the camera for charging to occur.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Used my camera and  was about 40ish % threw on the charger, did other stuff.  time to grab, got enough juice positive I do.  Here is wherre I paid attention.   been charging for a good 2 hours tops.  

1 in a wall charger, I turned on still charging 87%. pulled off the charger while the camera on Jumps to 100%.  If I  kept the camera charging it be a stuck red led.

Ddecember firmwar best come SOOOOOON! this was just not called for from the  camera Lol  Funny thing, the Veitemese  batter is inside. so is it now a battery issue or a camera issue its a GoPro issue.   anyone care to talk about it?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, I am from Bulgaria.

I'm very disappointed with GoPro Hero 7 Black battery.
I've been using the camera for 2 months, and I've tested all sorts of things.

I have had Hero 5 Black; Hero 6 Black, and now Hero 7 Black. I'm very familiar with the battery problems of previous camera models

The battery of my GoPro Hero 7 Black is C.

I charge battery when the microSD card is removed.
I charge battery with original GoPro USB-C cable.
Charge with minimum 1 Amp chargers:

- Sonny EP880 - Output: 1.5A
- HTC TC E250 - Output: 1A
- Xiaomi MDY-08-EC - Output: 2A

The battery can never be charged up to 100%. Charges up to 95% and stops charging.

I have also noticed when the camera is charging and turning on the battery rates jumps unobtrusively - from 55% - 69% - 88% - 95%

Also, when charging the red LED light never turn off.

Also, when I do not use camera, with turned off GPS, Voice Control and Wi-Fi, the battery falls for about 20-24 hours.

Certainly the manufacturer has a big problem with camera batteries, which costs $ 429.99.

When will this issue be corrected?

If it can not be upgraded, I am of the opinion that manufacturer must send a free battery to all users that works correctly.

In fact, if the company thinks that consumers are important, they must necessarily provide a battery with no problem.

If we still want Gopro users to "inspire you every day with incredible creativity that helps you see the world in a whole new way - and we shoot to continue to create the most terrible and innovative products", it must take immediate action.

PS:
I have tested with a factory reset - the condition of the battery is the same.
I have tested in any way described in this topic by GoPro users and administrators.

Tourist

[ New ]

I used the Gopro hero 7 for the first time yesterday. And it is very very disapointing. 

I could make 4 shots of 2,5 minutes and my battery was dead Smiley Sad  ( it was 100% charged before )

I had set it to 4k with 60 frames per second and with hypersmooth. Besides that I had it connected to the remote control with which I activated the device. 

Is this really it ?   Then I will bring back my Gopro hero 7 to the store and ask my money back cause this doesn't make sense at all.. 

Besides that .. you deliver cables wihtout a power plug????? we pay a lot of money and you dont deliver a complete product????  

Overall I am not satisfied with the product. The image can be good but even with good quality image the product can be useless. Or at least not convenient to work with. 

What can be done about the battery life ?  

Explorer

[ New ]

A frimware update will be released in December.

Adventurer

[ New ]

GoPro supplies it all to get you started, they can supply a full kit   They can supply kits for each need, GoPro did htat back with the Hero 2. a surfers  kit, a AUto kit. then later on a music kit.  These kits never included  ac   charger plugs, mics. but hte surfers kit included a  3m adhesive for the board, the auto a windshield mout.   So now imagine gopro made a Kit, camera only, No cables, no battery, no  brackets. and lowered to a reasionable price. they make money on it.  b/c some of us already have  the  accessories from our other cameras..

Gopro will not offer a battery, they will not even offer a paper or note that there is a issue in the box. GoPro did offer over the phone when called. Please udate your camera  right away...   GoPro is aware of hte problem as @aragon1006  and @danielr15 and myself pass the owrd around  that in the weeks to come a  newer version firmware will be released to correct  issues.  What issues are these. GoPro knows and does not offer much. but htey did chime in stoked about it.

If we want GoPro to do something not just us everyone must go into a thread, and  note, let them see how many peopleare dissappointed, and must  go into the Feedback.   We all do testing, and it leads to more then just the battery.  these are my thoughts out loud

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello.
I bought my GoPro Hero 7 Black about two weeks ago from a local shop in Italy (I also own a Hero 3+ Black).
I think I left it (by mistake) for about 24 hours with the QuickCapture on and ended up with an empty battery. That's how I got to this topic.

In case in anyone is interested, here are some specs:

The first problem that I had was while doing the update to version 1.51. It got stuck during the update and had to restart the camera. After that, it seemed to have installed the update — it showed the update steps 1/2, 2/2 on the front screen.

Now, about the battery. Firstly, my GoPro can charge the battery to 100% in about 2 hours either plugging it to a PC USB port, using a Huawei phone charger (5V-2A output) or using an Anker PowerCore. I have only used the USB-C cable provided in the GoPro box.

Then, as I mentioned before, I noticed a battery drain over a 24 hours period when I left it with the QuickCapture on by mistake. All the other things were off (all connections off, VoiceCommand off, GPS off). After that, I read about 35 pages of this topic and decided to do some full charges/discharges cycles to format the battery. I have also formatted the SD card using the GoPro menu.

Here are some things I noticed during the charges/discharges I did to format the battery.

1. After draining the battery by doing a continuous 4K recording, I immediately plugged in the GoPro (hot at is was from recording) to my Anker PowerCore for charging (using the USB-C GoPro cable). GPS, WiFi, VoiceControl, QuickCapture were all on (to help drain the battery faster). It started charging but the red LEDs were turning on and off randomly. After 2 minutes it stopped charging -> I know this because the LEDs on the Anker PowerCore turned off as well (and those remain on during charging any device). I removed the USB cable from the GoPro, removed the SD card and then plugged the USB cable back into the GoPro. From this moment on, the charging went normally. After charging, when I put the SD card back in, the back LCD flashed one time.

2. After another battery drain by filming continuos 4K but this time with GPS, WiFi, VoiceControl, QuickCapture all off, I plugged the GoPro back to the Anker PowerCore for charging, after letting it cool down a bit. The SD card was in. When I plugged in the cable into the GoPro, the back LCD flashed one time, it started charging (the Anker LEDs were on) but the GoPro red LEDs were off. After 2 mins I removed the cable from the GoPro and plugged it back in. No screen flash and from this moment on, the charing went normally.

3. Another battery drain with 4K recording, another charge. This time, before the charge I removed the SD card. The charging went normal, no screen flash, the red LEDs were on from the beginning until the end of the charging.

After these cycles, I wanted to know how much the battery would lose after 24 hours.

1. I left the battery at 100% in the GoPro with the SD into the camera, SD had recordings on it. After 24 hours and two very short power on/offs, it read 98%.

2. Then I recharged the battery in the GoPro until the red LEDs were off. Turned the GoPro on, it read 99%. Took the battery out of the GoPro, left if for 24 hours, put it back into the GoPro, power on, 99% again.

Then I bough 3 x SmarTree batteries 3.85V 1220mAh 4.7Wh + SmarTree charger from Amazon. All made in China. I charged all the SmarTree batteries in their own charger. They all read 100% in the GoPro.
I left one in the GoPro with the SD card inside the camera (the SD had recordings on it). After 48 hours straight and 3 very short power on/offs to read the level of the battery, it still read 100%.

I do not think I can draw a conclusion but I just laid out here the data from my tests in case it helps anyone. I probably missed some test situations but I'm not working at GoPro so yeah.

I didn't do the manual update of the GoPro, I think I'll try directly manual for the next firmware update to avoid any issues from the start.

I will send this test results to GoPro as well (https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and https://gopro.com/feedback) and I hope it will help them to identify and fix some bugs.

I do hope they will provide a steady firmware version in December that solves all these little glitches and bugs because I really like the video quality of the camera. If not, in the future I will consider turning to other action cams manufacturers because I have to admit that I am a bit dissapointed.

Hiker

[ New ]
Hola.
Como ya he dicho, esta es la tercera GoPro HERO7 Black que tengo.
En un primer momento no cargaba al 100%. Tras actualizar y hacer un ciclo completo, ya cargaba al 100%.
Hoy me la he traído a la playa y he grabado bajo el agua por primera vez.
Parece que todo funciona correctamente.
Agotaré la batería y cuando la cargue espero que llegue al 100%.
Hiker

[ New ]
I have a different scenario with my Hero 7 Black. I also bought the dual charger in addition to the Hero. The batteries were charged in the charger and not the camera. I have two SanDisk Extreme Pro 128 GB cards. (Thanks B&H photo for having them on sale for $89.99 ea.) I also have two two SanDisk Extreme 128 GB SD cards available for a DSLR camera to play with if necessary. I put a SD card and battery into the camera and paired it to my IPad through the app. Of course the first thing it wanted to do was perform a software update, so I let it go ahead. The software appeared to update successfully. I noticed on the back LCD the battery level indicator was showing FULL, but the text showed 90%. On the front of the camera, the battery level was showing as 80%. It looks like the left hand and right hand have no idea what the other is doing. Specifically here, the front and rear displays. I removed the first battery and put in the second fully charged battery and I had the same front and back battery report; 90% in back with a FULL battery indicator and 80% battery level on the front LCD. Just posting this observation without taking videos or photos as it appears to be not relative.
Adventurer

[ New ]
Here I am sharing what is just happening

https://youtu.be/3sPSnBX0XXk
Tourist

[ New ]

Was about to pull the trigger on purchasing a Hero 7 Black and found this thread today.  Yikes! I think I'll hold off and see if the December firmware update resolves things. 

Will stay tuned here.

Adventurer

[ New ]

My above post on pg 40ish:

last   thing I did , set protunes on ISO 800 min 3200 max, sharp low, HS Off.. more or less  thata is what I had it on.  battery was say 70ish.  I needed a full charge for the AM. and well when I awoke the red stuck led was there on the front the  icons showed full, on the tocuh-display 100%.. and well if I had to rely on gopro to run my life I  be DONE.   I turned it off and  lol it   turned itself back on if I walked away. I had lost power not a lot but lost power...

did my shoot at 80%  going to dump the clips  till a full bat as that is what gopro does charge while dumping

december firmwre here we come

Tourist

[ New ]

Strangely, the battery that came with the device seems to not get to 100% (with / without SD card). The device also freezes at times and the only solution is to flick the battery out and put it back in. This one is made by some company in China. The spare battery that I bought however charges to 100% and causes no freezing issues. That one is manufactured in Vietnam. Quality issues????

I have done an app firware update followed by a manual firmware update.

Using a Sandisk Extreme 128gb card

Have done a full drain of the batteries by recording 4K@60 and 1080p@240. Both exceeded the times given here - https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hero7-battery-information

The stock battery does seem to drain faster (during previous run it was fine, subsequently run after 98% charge was poor)

Oh and the heating issue and auto shutdown (which i have read elsewhere, is expected when recording for a long duration on 4K)

Given the issue with the stock battery, should I ask for a replacement? May be just the battery?

Tourist

[ New ]

Yep I just came from a whole day of motorcycle riding with my buddies. I always used quick capture on my daily commute on my motorcycle. However this time to save battery and memory, I would turn it on and off at times. However, after a few times of doing this, the quick capture button stopped working. I couldn't even turn the camera using mode button, even with 40% battery life remaining. I had to pull over to take off the camera from my helmet, pull out the battery and put it back in. The camera would start fine again, and quick capture would function. I lost count on how many times I had to repeatedly take out the battery to make my camera work again. This is even after I did the factory reset on the camera settings. I was seriously hoping to capture the epic scenery on the road, but I couldn't because the camera kept failing on me. Quick Capture would stop functioning and the camera wouldn't turn on after a while. It even freezed on me!

I hope GoPro hears our please. I love what the camera can do with Hypersmooth. I would really like it to really work as it's supposed to be. Furthermore, I believe the battery drains a little too fast compared to my hero 4 session. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @sridharr03203. When you observed your camera to shut down while on a long recording in 4K, did you notice any warning about the camera shutting down? If the camera gets too hot, a safety feature causes a message to appear on the screen indicating that the camera is shutting down. The camera stops recording, saves your video, disconnects from the GoPro App, and powers off. If this happens, let your camera sit and cool before attempting to use it again. 

There is a firmware update coming in early December that is set to correct the issue with the battery not charging to 100%.You may watch out for release through this link . Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

If you have not done it yet, try manually updating your camera firmware, @sinbad683. Do this in addition to the factory reset that you performed, and even if the camera may already have the latest firmware. A manual update is recommended as it helps clear out any possible error associated with the current installation. There are detailed instructions here that you may refer to as guide. Make sure that the battery is at least 50% charged, and that the SD card is formatted prior to the update. Let us know how it goes with QuikCapture when you test again after the manual update. Thanks! 

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya wrote:

Thank you for the details that you provided, @sridharr03203. When you observed your camera to shut down while on a long recording in 4K, did you notice any warning about the camera shutting down? If the camera gets too hot, a safety feature causes a message to appear on the screen indicating that the camera is shutting down. The camera stops recording, saves your video, disconnects from the GoPro App, and powers off. If this happens, let your camera sit and cool before attempting to use it again. 

There is a firmware update coming in early December that is set to correct the issue with the battery not charging to 100%.You may watch out for release through this link . Thanks!

Yes there is a warning and thank god it saves the video. managed to get atleast one thing right. Smiley Indifferent  I get that there will be a firmware update in Dec, but explain to me, why does the battery charge to 100% on a Vietnam manufactured battery and not the stock battery manufactured in China? Don't understand how a firmware update could fix that? Not saying that China products are bad, but this batch could have defects and customers should not be inconvenienced. May be you should send replacements. 

With the holiday season approaching, it gives me very less confidence that I can rely on this device. WIll have to carry my DSLR everywhere Smiley Frustrated

Tourist

[ New ]

@sridharr03203I am a software engineer.  I can tell you how a firmware can fix that.  A firmware can adjust the camera to read a lower voltage/threshold as 100%.  Simple but not addressing the real issue with the C batteries.

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya Oh ok, I didn't know you could manually update even if you already updated to the latest firmware via the app. Thanks I'll give it a go later today, and test it out. Looking forward to the firmware update! Happy Holidays everyone! 

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanyaUpdate: I did the manual firmware update and went about testing it while on the go. It seems that after 5 or 6 times I use Quick Capture, the camera refues to turn on via the mode button or quick capture. I gotta remove the battery again and do it all over again. Manual firmware update didn't change a thing unfortunately. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

@sinbad683

So you're saying your failure is the "Mode On/Off" of the gopro each  time it jams, that you can not  reset per the page in the manual:  see below

It is a lot easier  for you to take the Frame then  slide open/close the door each jam that happens.?  I wonder if you knew about the  reset ?   I understand Manually loading back and over writinng the Firmware GoPro says will clear issues?    Seeems that certain issues we know need to now be addressed and are bougs and glitches.   QC  5 time and Jammed?   what  comes to mind:

Boot up, sdxc card, higher resolution and sd card..  just my thoughts.

reset button.png

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @sinbad683 . As @fishycomics stated, does the camera also not respond by doing a reset? 

Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya,  I haven't tried holding down the mode button for 10 seconds when it wouldn't respond. I'll update you guys if it doesn't respond again. It's almost random actually. I kept playing around with the QC Button last night after I reset it after pulling out the battery and choosing reset in the touch screen menu options. I must have QC more than 10 times till I drained the battery. 

I'll let you know if it hangs again and whether it'll respond to holding the mode button for 10 seconds. Nevertheless, I'm hoping that our feedback helps GoPro improve on the firmware. I would really like my camera to work without worries :D

Tourist

[ New ]

Btw, with regards to what memory card i'm using. Here's the picture of the packaging the SD card that I bought. The sales guy told me it's compatible withe GoPro Hero 7 Black. I believe this is compatible with the camera, is it not?IMG_1004.JPG

Adventurer

[ New ]

@sinbad683

I use the next level card,  the Plus or Pro.   For me: I had issues using that series card that GoPro  given out to all  on their camera's they are great cards andwork. I   again personally use  extreme pluses or pro plus.

Tourist

[ New ]

@fishycomics Oh ok, I'll look for Extreme Plus or Pro Plus SD Card, Thanks. 

Adventurer

[ New ]

You're welcomed

Adventurer

[ New ]

yeah sure enough again    off load via camera  and press off charging.    well time to look at it as the red led is On.  it is 100% charged WOW  led light just does not know hte battery is charged.....  time will tell when this december firmware can get released if it is just being held

Hiker

[ New ]

I've had this issue, as well, and have tried a few of the suggestions from the forum thread. Something that I have noticed is that if I charge the Hero 7 Black via one of the PC usb ports it gets to 100% and the leds turn off as expected. However, as soon as I try using a wall charger (official apple iphone (5V 1A) or ipad (5.1V 2.1A) wall plugs) the battery charging issues start happening. I've had the leds flicker on and off. I've had the device freeze whilst charging, with leds on, but not turning off when unplugged (had to pull out the battery) and the battery level stayed the same, ie. it did not charge.

Yes I have factory reset the device and manually upgraded the device, and formatted the sd card. I don't recall having these issues with the Hero 5 or 6 :-(

Hiker

[ New ]

Don't knwo what happened to my reply to this topic:

I've had this issue, as well, and have tried a few of the suggestions from the forum thread. Something that I have noticed is that if I charge the Hero 7 Black via one of the PC usb ports it gets to 100% and the leds turn off as expected. However, as soon as I try using a wall charger (official apple iphone (5V 1A) or ipad (5.1V 2.1A) wall plugs) the battery charging issues start happening. I've had the leds flicker on and off. I've had the device freeze whilst charging, with leds on, but not turning off when unplugged (had to pull out the battery) and the battery level stayed the same, ie. it did not charge.

Yes I have factory reset the device and manually upgraded the device, and formatted the sd card. I don't recall having these issues with the Hero 5 or 6 :-(

Adventurer

[ New ]

wait a day left in November and the month of December  the Firmware to get  released by App and  site lets see if they fixed it.

Tourist

[ New ]
The problem here is not waiting for new firmware, like my purchase which has limited return time can't wait to see if a new firmware fixes the issue.
Would be nice for gopro to acknowledge the issue and say yes the new firmware in the making will fix the issue. But because there is none of that, I will return my 7 black back to the store!
Hiker

[ New ]

@jinlongy7280

That exactly how they got me with the hero 6. Back and forth BS till my return timeframe was out, then multiple RMA's and ridiculous BS along the way with still broken flawed hero 6's. I sent my hero 7 back right before the time was out, and will not buy one again. I will try the hero 8 when it comes out though.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Tiotally agree  

Smoke and mirrors  its $400.00 invested  and not all of us have  that to just waste.  I  simply am stuck but knowing  to save the older firmware when the new one can  jsut  ruin whats next...

Tourist

[ New ]
Dji osmo pocket. Rip gopro. Bye
Backpacker

[ New ]

if you think the Osmo pocket is a replacement for a GoPro then you brought the wrong camera in the 1st place

Adventurer

[ New ]

DJI Osmo Pocket:

USB Tyoe C  adapter  no large  bulky wiry hanging  box. but who on Earth will find a way to correctly position and place one on a DJI when its on the bottom.   so now you won;t be able to place down or get a good grip  and sound. DJI replace to the upper side..

Oh I am  in GoPro.com site

yeah its a great small compact  Gimbal and camera.   that is not waterproof Might be a choice to hold off on untill another camera that is an Action camera comes out....

Hiker

[ New ]
Wauuuu
No sabía de la existencia de la Dji Osmo Pocket. Creo que en breve habrá un cambio si GoPro sigue con tanto fallo.
He de comentar que la tercera GoPro 7 black parece que funciona bien, aunque no la he podido probar a fondo. Pero al menos no hace lo que hacían las dos primeras.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Do not get me wrong:  I want one for a good number of reasons:

Face tracking. but I do not want to start adding adapters like Wi-fi, a mic, a phone etc. but that is hte price we pay for compact. things can't have both worlds on a small product. I wished gopro   cut the size down some on the hero 8    make it smaller.

Tourist

[ New ]
Just back from park trying dji osmo pocket. NO panning issue. NO battery charging issue. Total consumer product. Straight out of the box and you are good to go. Doesn't require you to test and report the issue like gopro did expecially battery issue which happen since gh5 until gh7. DJI really awesome and mature camera. NO MORE BETA TESTER. NO more please check your memory card. Please update manually which I have heard alot. I'm using gh5 gh6 gh7. No more now. No waterproofing not a big due. I don't like swimming nor diving. I'm pilot. I like flying and I'm racer too. ✈️🚗