Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black Auto rotation

Let me step back a giant step back

If I am   with the camera at factory settings and I am ready to take my ever so first recorded video. I turn on my camera at the default settings:

Untitled.png

Now if I take my camera change Touch-Display to Up  & Down  you are incorrectly getting your  thumbnails?  If I were to   start ???

Explorer

The "problem" seems to be that some people want the sensor to physically rotate inside the camera instead of having the metadata instruct the orientation. If course, this isn't going to happen, but apparently it's being seen as an issue.
Sightseer z00
Sightseer

Same thing here, just made a complain at GoPro hopping to fix it soon!!
Adventurer

that olesaying can not please people heck some one is going to get pleased when they fix it.  keep stoked. best thing we can say for now.

Explorer

I owe you some kudos Fish. I'll hit you up later when I get a chance. 😉
Adventurer

you got the C-note   . now.

FISH (smiles)

Hiker

GoPro was the one that recommended me to turn my GoPro 7 back in and they're going to completely give me a brand new GoPro 7 to replace the one I sent in....I agree it's probably the firmware but this is what they suggested..... So I guess by the time I get my new GoPro 7 back maybe they'll have an update for it...
Hiker

I have a GoPro 6 black as well and it plays fine on playback. if I record upside down it plays on my computer and my TV like it's supposed to be.. so I hope GoPro is working on an update for the gopro 7.