Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black Auto rotation

Yes sorry I got interrupted. was demo'ing   of replicating etc.. sorry

Hiker

A new one wont fix it!!!. it is implemented into the hero 7 firmware..

instead of actually recording it in the correct orientation (depending on the camera orientation) unlike the old gopros.. the 7 only tells the software playing the footage which way to play it ...ie some older software and hardware wont understand this so if u record it with the camera upside down it will play it upside down...ie my computer media player played all my footage i took on my dirt bike helmet peak upside down, all upside down.. untill i updated it to the latest version .. now it will play back with the correct orientation... i have requested that in a new firmware update that the hero 7 has a manual override to actually record it in what orientation(rather than just tell sortware what way to play it)the way you choose ,so i will be correct no matter what you play back the footage on ..

Tourist

@boomtheroom wrote:

A new one wont fix it!!!. it is implemented into the hero 7 firmware..

i have requested that in a new firmware update that the hero 7 has a manual override to actually record it in what orientation(rather than just tell sortware what way to play it)the way you choose ,so i will be correct no matter what you play back the footage on .

Did they accepted this change? or should be sign a petition))) ?

or maybe report this as well

Explorer

Report as what?
Adventurer

gopro.om/feeback, they'll look at 

feedback ii.png

Explorer

Should have added, "So you can go out of business since your current HERO6 Black camera owners will have no motivation to upgrade."
Adventurer

wait so my Hero 4 black was never a  thought?

Tourist

same problem here.... no matter what setting i choose in landscape lock , it only affects the screen... if camera is upside down then the footage is recorded upside down.... please check it out in next firmware update because its a major bug...