Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black Auto rotation

Is this bug or feature ?

as I understand the video is always recroded in one orientation ?

GoPro

This is a feature @greenstorm0212

On the HERO7 Black's main screen, swipe down then go to Touch Display.

Tap on Landscape Lock then select your preferred option.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

I just purchased the hero 7 as well and it when I record upside down it plays fine on the LCD screen but when I hook it up to my computer or TV it plays upside down it's not playing right on the playback!! help!!
Hiker

There is no Auto setting for this it does say off which I'm assuming is Auto but when I play back the videos after recording on my TV or my computer it will playback upside down no matter what I use it on it plays back upside down but it does not play back upside down on the GoPro 7????
Hiker

I also have a hero 6 and I do not want to have to edit my videos to turn them upside down because the auto rotation will not play... Now on the hero 6 I can turn the camera upside down start recording and it stays like that it's fine and then when I play it back it's right side up like it's supposed to be just like it shows on the screen but the hero 7 that I have just purchased does not do that when I turn the camera upside down and I start to record it shows on the screen that is recording you know right side up but when I go to play it back on my TV or my computer the video is upside down I do not want to edit it and turn it the right side it should automatically be like this just like it is on the hero 6
Hiker

I had the same problem with my hero 7 and I spent hours on text chat with GoPro support and we did everything we could do even took my chip out of my hero 6 and tried it....we reset everything twice....we tried to reinstall the software manually and still it was doing the same thing so I just ended up taking my go pro-7 back to GoPro..... they offered to take it back for a exchange for a new one so we'll see what happens when I receive my new camera???? Hope they fix this issue!!
Adventurer

Hiker

The video has been removed????