Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 7 Black Auto rotation

Hi All i Purchased a hero 7 last week ,did a day of recording on my dirt bike helmet peak upside down auto rotation on, checked that back screen and front lcd shows correct orientation while recording only pressed record once this was confirmed.. got home to import on quik ..everything upside down have to manuall rotate to watch but will have to re encode all footage with proper orientation to view on other hardware devices..what gives?

Capture.JPG
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 Black Auto rotation

Hi @boomtheroom

Have you tried resetting the camera to its default settings?

Or you can check the orientation settings:

Preferences > Landscape Lock > Auto | Up | Down

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

Yea tried auto then other options.. makes no difference.. if footage is taking with camera upside down it plays upside down in quik :->

GoPro

Hi @boomtheroom

I have tried a couple of tests just now and Quik was able to play the files correctly.

I did a recording with my camera upside down, landscape lock option selected as DOWN.

Kindly set the option to Down then try to record some files.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @boomtheroom

I have tried a couple of tests just now and Quik was able to play the files correctly.

I did a recording with my camera upside down, landscape lock option selected as DOWN.

Kindly set the option to Down then try to record some files.

Thanks!

Ej

Yea Quik in the later version can do this.. the older version and some older hardware cannot read the meta data to do this and relies on athe actual capture being recorded in the right direction like the older goprpos did.. fix would be allow landscap lock to actuall record the media in the respective orientation not record it the same orientation and just use extra data to tell software how to play it?

GoPro

Hi @boomtheroom

I have recorded a video using a HERO4 Silver and was able to rotate the file using Quik for mobile.

Select RAW then on trim option, choose Manual.

If you wish to, uou may remove the music added on your edit.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hi @boomtheroom

I have recorded a video using a HERO4 Silver and was able to rotate the file using Quik for mobile.

Select RAW then on trim option, choose Manual.

If you wish to, uou may remove the music added on your edit.

Thanks!

Ej

no problem with the hero 4 this applies to hero 7 im talking about

GoPro

Hi @boomtheroom

You should be able to rotate HERO7 files as well.

Thanks!

Ej