Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 Black Auto rotation

Hey new guy here.  

I've been following this thread for a while now.  

I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm guessing what is going on is based on production age, firmware or mod level status if you will.  

My wife bought me a Hero 7 Black that was purchased this month from a Costco bundle.  I am now running it nearly full time from a mount setup in a hanging configuration.    I went through the settings and have it set to lock in the down position.   

All playback and recordings have been proper and nothing plays back upside down I am happy to report.   That's in Quik, or Windows.  Looks fine in Davinci Resolve and on YouTube.  

Hiker

Does anybody want to trade evenly for a hero GoPro 7 black for a hero GoPro 6 black?? I tried everything else and it still not recording right.. when I put the GoPro 7 upside down on my 4K HD player it plays upside down on my Sony Bravia 4k TV the video still plays upside down... I have to use my hero 6 if I want to get anything done to use this camera upside down...
Hiker

Hopefully Gopro will fix this problem in the next firmware update!!!

you dont want to swap the stabilization on the 7 fro the crappy one on the 6 ...either wait for a firmware fix or email the manufacturer

of your other hardware and get them to fix the issue in a firmware update that can read gopros metadata

Explorer

@peterbilt If you want to do a trade 6 for 7, send me a private message.

Adventurer

Thinking out loud.:

Why does the camera have to be UPSIDE DOWN?  asking out loud?  Could you post up a photo so maybe we can come up with an alternitive solution. like maybe having a   3m buckle mount on the opposite side  etc...

Hiker

Yes...ur right.... I guess I'm just going to wait for it I was hoping they would already have it fixed by now but I guess I can manage a little longer lol
Highlighted
Sightseer

fishycomics, whilst I'm no expert photographer or videographer, I will say that there are times where you get a better more solid gopro installation when you have the gopro frame in a hanging configuration.  You see this most common in aircraft use.  Sometimes in cars and race cars as well.   In my car videos I use the gopro frame in a hung configuration if you will.  Keeps everything secure tidy compact and easy.   Like I said in my first post, thankfully my Hero 7 Black has given me NO fits filming upside down camera with right side up footage.