Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black Auto rotation

I tried this myself a couple of weeks ago. I did some flight training and stuck it upside down on the ceiling looking at the panel and out the window. Locked it it upside down mode. When I imported into GoPro Quik it played just fine, right side up. Unless this isn't addressing what we're talking about and I'm misunderstanding. 

Hiker

Yes I appreciate your help in that.... And I appreciate your feedback!! You are addressing the right issue....... The video does play back proper on my Windows Media and a few other programs but it does not playback proper on other programs.....it's got to be something in the firmware in the Hero 7 camera... When I do this on my GoPro 6 it always plays back on everything properly... Tech support at GoPro told me to return my GoPro 7 and I did and they gave me another one and I still have the same issue even they couldn't understand what was going on... So for now if I want to position my camera upside down I can't do that with a hero 7 I have to use my hero 6.... Thanks again
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Give me a few programs that it doesn't play back on correctly and I'll try it on them if I have them, or if I can download them free. 

Tourist

Try this:

1. Take two short videos upside-down using your GoPro 7

2. Play them back with your video player, they should appear 'correct' and play 'right' side up.

3. Combine these 2 short videos using any software that can stich these two videos; I use Dashware (instructions here: https://hellomihai.wordpress.com/2018/07/04/gopro-video-gps-telemetry-merging/comment-page-1/?unappr...

4. Play the Stitched video using your video player; The video should play inverted now.

Hiker

Adobe premier was one I tried before...there was other people that posted on the forum that they had also tried other programs and had same results....I don't remember all of the names on them but the main one that I need it to play on for me is my Sony 4K Blu-ray player... It will not play back right on the UBP-X9000 nor the UBP-X1000ES.... Also my playback is not correct on the Sony Bravia Android TV as well...
Hiker

Also tried it on the Toshiba BDX5500 3D
Hiker

The video still comes out upside down it does not play back correctly....that was one of the issues that we were talking about with the support that I do not want to have to edit my videos In order to have to playback them correctly....on my hero GoPro 6 I record upside down right side up it don't matter which way I record the video always comes out right side up like it's supposed to on the playback.... It's a very weird issue but I don't like it so I'm using the GoPro 6 if I have to mount my camera upside down
Highlighted
Tourist

I'll get back with you a little later on this tonight. Need to run some errands but will try it when I get back.