Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 Black Auto rotation

Any update on this? I just bought the Hero 7 Black, and I am going to use it to record flights in my plane. I was going to mount it upside down from the ceiling looking at the panel and out the front window. Is this going to be a problem? Will the video play upside down? 

Also, when I lock it into landscape mode, and I'm using it upside down, should I choose up or down? This whole subject is really confusing. 

Highlighted
Explorer

If the camera is always going to be update down, lock the landscape to down. The video will play fine as long as the media player is updated and had the correct codecs (AKA, it will play fine on most players).
Highlighted
Tourist

So then I assume everything should be fine editing in iMovie and uploading to Youtube?
Highlighted
Explorer

Yes
Highlighted
Hiker

I strongly disagree... It's not going to play right on most players!!! Unless GoPro has updated the GoPro 7 black it's still going to play upside down on most players!! No matter if it has the latest update.. the correct codecs etc etc
Highlighted
Explorer

It will appear correct in iMovie and export fine for sure. Plays fine on all of my devices; however, if the clips are going to be edited anyway, then it really doesn't matter as the orientation can be flipped if need be.
Highlighted
Tourist

Having the same issue here. Does any one know how I can easily rotate the videos? I am trying to have the multiple video clips rotated 180 degrees and combined into one large clip so that I can have it uploaded to YouTube.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Tourist

I did get my 7 and created a video in the landscape locked down position and recorded one upside down. It did import and play correctly as in right side up in Quik.