Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Black 4K60 support and FoV options

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I am considering purchasing the Hero 7 Black for an upcoming trip.

4K60 *is* a requirement. I have read that this is only supported in wide (16:9) mode, which is OK...

I have looked several raw video samples and I am happy with the video quality - except for one thing - that huge distortion (aka 'fisheye')

I also read that somewhere along the settings, there is a 'Linear' mode with narrower FoV (hence - no distortion). But my question is: can I have 4K60 WITH a linear (narrow) FoV..? I am happy to sacrifise few degrees FoV in order to have distortion-free footage (video). But is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 Black 4K60 support and FoV options

Well it is not going to happen even on the Hero 8  so yeah  their GP-2 is not the problem its the Team not listening again. 

wide

grande, amplo, largo, vasto, extenso, espaçoso

And super-view.

That is their trademark

We the People Want Linear 4K. its a in camera software that is already  on there, just enable Linear. and  zoom.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

Well it is not going to happen even on the Hero 8  so yeah  their GP-2 is not the problem its the Team not listening again. 

wide

grande, amplo, largo, vasto, extenso, espaçoso

And super-view.

That is their trademark

We the People Want Linear 4K. its a in camera software that is already  on there, just enable Linear. and  zoom.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hmm, in the meantime I found this: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/video-resolutions-for-hero7-cameras

According to that table, highest available (distortion-free) resolution where 60fps is supported, is 2.7K. That's the highest you ll get when chosing Linear mode. Also in 16:9 ratio.

Is that correct? Can someone confirm this?