Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 Black 1080p any remaining quality issues?

I'm new to the GoPro 7 Black.  Looking to shoot Underwater at 1080p/60FPS/HyperSmooth.  I've read about poor video quality at 1080, which shocks me since my Hero 3 Black produced great video at 1080.  There's a 1080p bicycle video that looks like a watercolor, almost.

So is 1080p/60fps/Hypersmooth going to get top quality results (apart from 4K resolution)?  Looking for sharp results.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 Black 1080p any remaining quality issues?

[ Edited ]

I see no problems with the 1080 to be honest...just shoot in bright conditions, whatever your resolution, as its totally useless in any low light situations.

Reducing the max iso to 400 helps with noise but again youll need to be in bright conditions.

Sorry ive no sample clips to show you.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

I shoot nothing but 1080P for what I do on Youtube.  Image quality is awesome.  I do 60fps and Superview.  Just great high quality sharp videos.  I like sharp videos and I have mine on high sharpness.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks so much for the info... Honestly I'm a bit concerned about editing 4K, and the results from my 3 Black at 1080 were excellent. There were a few pots about the 7 in 1080 that were concerning. Thanks for your insight. BTW, can you post a link to your YouTube?
Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks so much for the info... Honestly I'm a bit concerned about editing 4K, and the results from my 3 Black at 1080 were excellent. There were a few pots about the 7 in 1080 that were concerning. Thanks for your insight. BTW, can you post a link to your YouTube?

Sure.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy--Ja3SRhKeKL8BDXcd57Q?disable_polymer=true

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,
Just bought new Hero 7 Black and when I try to do video in my studio, I getting very poor quality on 1080p. Tried diferent settings but no luck.

Video very blurry, lots of noise and very bad contrast.

To compare, I took a video with my iphone 6 and video quality was absolutely perfect on same conditions.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero totally open to all kinds of environments so that top quality sound life remaining which is seriously incredible given the size of a GoPro battery.

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

GP7 Black is not good at 1080p the quality is blurry, noisy and overall just plain bad....

Here is a example from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P0qsyXv1kc

Its noticeble less sharp then 2.7/4K compared to other devices i shoot at on 1080p for example a iphone 6 plus.

It sucks in low light too, its just way too fuzzy and blurry for my liking. This camera is a massive let down for me.

Its just unusable.... i am forced to shoot at 2.7 or 4K and then either downscale it during rendering to 1080p for youtube content.

Buy your own GoPro at: www.gopro.com GoPro Community forum: https://community.gopro.com
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I dont want to film in 2.7/4K longer then a few minutes becaue of the god awefull chaptering creating many video clips with the same name. forcing me for all my clips to use my editing software to create a single video file and then render it for a while....

I cant use the clips to directly upload to youtube for example, or have a clean edit file with a few video files, instead i have to work with many chaptered files..... i wish 1080p was acceptable quality but its not so i have no choice to use 2.7/4K footage for clips shot longer then a few minutes....

Another thing i hate is shooting in 24 FPS it looks so laggy as if it runs below 24FPS to my eyes, that i dont use it anymore, it feels really off.

It is a **bleep** product i really regret buying...