Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Hero 7 - 4k wide lens correction plug in , in Premier Pro

hi guys

i am trying to film my holiday video in 4k 60fps with Hyperstabilisation. my version of premier pro , under lens correction, i can only see :

Hero 3 - 4k Wide

Hero 3 - 4k Cinema Wide

can i use those? or should i film in 2.7k 60fps in Linear? 

any suggestions are welcomed. I just want to have the best footage avaible for post later

Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 - 4k wide lens correction plug in , in Premier Pro

Hi @jimmyl08,

Maybe you're using older version of Premiere pro. 

But yes, you can use 2.7k in linear that should be good enough. 

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks.

Does yours comes with the Hero 7 4k Wide lens correction?

I read that its better to shoot in wide and correct later, so that i can retaIn more of the shot, then shooting in Linear. is that true?

@graytree76514 wrote:

Hi @jimmyl08,

Maybe you're using older version of Premiere pro. 

But yes, you can use 2.7k in linear that should be good enough. 

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Explorer

You can actually choose any of the GoPro lens corrections and then in the edit panel adjust the distortion correction. My Premiere Pro 2018 does not have HERO7 and I don't think they have plugins beyond HERO4 (if that). However, like I said, it doesn't really matter as you can manually adjust the effect.
Highlighted
Explorer

Oh, and yes, by doing the correction yourself you will have more control over distortion and therefore can get better results than using Linear in the camera (which tends to soften and distort the edges a little). However, it should be noted that Hypersmooth stabilization works best in either Linear or with a slight zoom.
Highlighted
Hiker

Daniel thanks again. Do you mean that using 2.7k 60fps in linear will give me the best output , stabilisation wise?
For correction wise, 4k 60fps and applying A hero 3 present will do the job better than the Linear?

I understand that you can manually adjust the correction, I am just not that good with premier so I am trying to find an easier way.
Highlighted
Explorer

Yes to both questions.

What part of Premiere are you not comfortable with? Are you just new to editing with it? I'm more than happy to help answer any questions you might have or to direct you to helpful YouTube tutorials.
Highlighted
Explorer