Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 6 won’t turn on

Hi,

I need help with my gopro hero 6.
Last Sunday, I used it during our island hopping. It got wet and few minutes after, there’s water inside the lens. I may have missed checking if it was closed properly. Now, i’m so worried that it won’t turn on. I’ve tried the basic troubleshooting but still it won’t turn on.

I’m super worried and stressed out coz it’s less than a year used. Actually, 8 months. I don’t know what to do. I badly need help.

I’m hoping i’ll get a reponse on what I need to do.

Sincerely,

Adventurer

Re: Hero 6 won’t turn on

Please do not turn on a device that water entered in. We should right away dry it then pull the bat and sad card.  See if water was I'm that area and dry it.  Then grab Rice and make sure the lens protector is off. Doors open and place in the rice.  You should leave sit for days not minutes not hours.  And then when fully dry after 3 days or more   You then can plug in the bat and try charging. Do not turn on yet.  After it finishes charging let it sit for a few more hours and then give a shot. Turning on.  

If if it then fails. Call GoPro.  Fresh water is easy to work with not salt water.  What may have happened it shorted out all together by you tgot it on while it still was wet

call GoPro see what options they have. Find your bill of sale before you call take a photo have it ready to send. And good luck

Tourist

Hi,

I followed the steps mentioned above but still it doesn’t work. The unit is dry and I remived everything on it for 3days. Plugged in to charge but no indication that its charging. The red lights are not on.

I called iFix here in Cebu, but they said to continue chatting until you’ll provide me the next step. I told them, i lost my receipt but i can show it to them that the unit is still new with the sticker on the glass box.

This is less than a year used and everything is still complete. Im so worried how to get this fix.

Hope you can help me on this.

Thanks,
Adventurer

Call gopro   let us know what they said and did

Tourist

Hi,

What number do i need to call?
Tourist

I checked the numbers but no local number for Philippines either Manila or Cebu
GoPro

Hello @stoutshore85725

You may call the main number (855) 635 3578 (Toll Free), or choose the closest country to yours through the numbers here. Alternatively, you may initiate a chat conversation with one of the representatives through  https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . When you contact the team, please make sure you have access to the camera and that you have sample photos or videos showing the issue as well as the proof of purchase handy. This way, you get assisted as quickly as possible. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Adventurer

did they make toll free world wide numbers or am I still behind times?