Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 6 won't import files to Mac

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

I've had my Hero 6 for about a month. I've never had any problems importing my files to my mac using GoPro Quick until today.

When I connect, the same way i've always done, it says 'no files to import' - this is BS, there's about 50 files to import.. I REALLY need to sort this, ive got no spare space on my 64gb card and I can't film! I'm on the road so I dont have an SD card reader. For your info I'm using a Hero 6, trying to import onto a 2017 Macbook Pro running Sierra 10.12.6. I've tried using image capture it detects the GoPro but it says no files. Ive tried a few different usb cables, no luck. I can view the files on my GoPro so i'm unsure what the problem is. Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hero 6 won't import files to Mac

Have you tried pulling the battery and SD card? Insert just the battery, turn the camera on and then off. Pull the battery again wait about 12 seconds and reinsert the battery. Wait another 12 seconds and turn the camera on. Plug the USB cable into your computer and then the camera. If that doesn't work, repeat the steps but turn the camera off after the second time turning on. Wait about ten seconds after the red charging light comes on and then turn on the camera.

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling Quik.
Highlighted
Hiker

I'm having the same problem. It may.....be the SD card. I was using a sandisk extreme pro 128gb micro sd v30 u3 and switched it out for the 32gb version (thats the only version currently recommended by GoPro :( So far it has worked but I need to keep testing out the camera. There are many issues with this one.

Highlighted
Hiker

Same here, I bought a different SD card and also did a factory restart of the camera and reformated the sd card...no luck. This sucks

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same issue as well! Got a 128 gb sandisk extreme pro. Was able to import my files until this week using gopro quilk into my macbookair. Suddenly, new files can't be downloaded and quilk keeps telling us that there are no "no files to import". Please help
Highlighted
Tourist

I had the same issue. Remove the SD card from the Hero 6 and placed it into a SD adapter instead and inserted it in my MacBook Pro SD slot. Opened Quick and the import started (and finished) succesfully.

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the responses.

It’s so frustrating that I have to buy an adapter to get around a problem that GoPro should fix!

Is there a way you can transfer the files via wifi or Bluetooth? The same way it’s done from GoPro to IPhone?
Highlighted
Tourist

Solved it by:

1. Take out the SD card and import files via the SD card adapter (usually comes along with the purchase of the SD card).
  2. Put the Sd card back in the GoPro and formatted it.
  3. Then I took some new photos and films with the GoPro and then I was able to import by connecting USB cable.