Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 6 won't import files to Mac

Hi Nickeloo.

Thanks for the answer but it doesn’t solve my problem. I don’t have an SD adapter nor should I have to spend money on buying one to fix this problem.

Surely it’s a software problem with the Hero 6 that GoPro need to address ASAP.
Highlighted
Tourist

I am in exactly the same boat as you. I purchased a 2017 Mac Book Pro a week ago and had the Hero 6 for a couple of weeks and importing files was working perfectly up until a 4 or 5 days ago through the Quik software then that stopped working so I had to use image capture option on the Mac which worked for a day or 2. But now nothing works I can’t even import to my phone the GoPro gets stuck on the connection to app page. I’m not sure what to do we are traveling for 3 months and shouldn’t have to fork out for a type C sd card reader when it seems to be a software issue, it is really frustrating.
Highlighted
Sightseer

My experience is the same. I cant import video to my MAC or WIndows (via Fusion) via Quik.

Waited a very very long time before purchasing a gopro. Bought a new GoPro6 2 weeks ago, did a few tests all worked ok; updated to v1.60 of the firmware. Then launched on a holiday. Was uploading video nightly, then all of a sudden (night 2) I cant import using the USB cable & Quik on the desktop.

Now I have a 64Gig card almost full, Quik say no files to import. I purchased a new SD card reader, still no joy as the card format is not recignised by my mac or windows pc saying the format is incorrect. I can still see the videos as viewed from the gopro, so i know the files are intact and I can see them on my iphone when the phone is connected to the camera.

So I cant use the USB/Quik process nor the SD card. 

In my view this is a bug in either the cameras firmware or usb /quik software.

I think that last remaining hope is to pay $ and upload to the cloud. Having said that I dont want to use the cloud (due to very limited bandwidth and having about 45gig that i'd need to upload), I want to upload to my mac desktop.

Please GoPro, could you please look into this issue, I have a heap of people all waiting to see my video's and i can get them off the camera.

Am so not happy.

Regards

Lee

Highlighted
Tourist

Sounds like several of us are having the same issue, can’t down load using the Quick app or by loading the SD card directly.  Curious if this is only the Hero 6 or are others (Hero 5, 4, etc...) having this issue as well? 

It also sounds like it is a sudden issue.  I’ve loaded many files off my Hero 6 and today well, nothing is allowing me to download.  I see the files on my camera, just can’t pull them off.

Come on GoPro, don’t want a bunch of negative press, during the holiday shopping season...fix this!  

Highlighted
Explorer

If you can't transfer files with an microSD adapter, how is this GoPro's fault? I also don't understand how, if you've been transferring fine up until today, why you don't suspect an issue with your computer. Did you update your GoPro today?

I'm not saying it's not GoPro related, I just don't understand how it is by the description you gave. You don't need to use Quik to transfer the files. Is it possible the OS received updates?
Highlighted
Tourist

I've had a slight bit of success with downloading the files.

The good news..  I used a miro SD reader and connected it to my Macbook. GoPro Quik immediately recognised that there were files to download and they began to transfer. 

The bad news.. About 30% of the video files wouldn't import across! They're all the same file type and were taken at the same resolution etc! I know the files are ok because I can view/watch them on my GoPro with no problems..... If I manually transfer the files over to my Macbook they wont play.

I've got no idea how to get these files to work... Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Tourist

Be sure to make sure everything is updated!  Apparently, there was an update that that was missed for the Quick app, which was release in November, 2017. .  Once uploaded, all is working fine.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Ill be trying your fix suggested - Thx - surprised GoPro don't acknowledge anywhere that this a genuine issue for users.
There are some common similarities for me as in a few posts here.
MacBookPro - Hero 6 - 128Gb Sandisk Ultra - worked fine then Quik fails to import files - no issue with SD Reader but camera connect fails.