Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 6 won't import files to Mac

@danielr15 wrote:

Have you contacted GoPro Support?

This the GoPro Support Hub Correct? - 'Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.

Five pages isn't really that much.

This a speculative opinion not a fact.

Reach out to the GoPro Support Team.

Is there any chance they can reach out to us?

Stating the obvious, but please grab a slice of reality for a brief moment here.

Some may have the time to data mine solutions here and indeed post thousands of times like your good self. Your efforts are no doubt greatly appreciated for the shared benefits they bestow on the GPC as they are by me -  Thankyou

I was some what assured that it wasnt just me having the same issues ruling out potential ingnorance and user error.

I do speculate how many others are out there that have not posted with same or similar issues and simply digested their frustration. and dissappointment. 

My 25 years + working in IT may falsely give me the impression that my problem solving skills are over inflated, but keeping my kit up to date with latest updates, and as required in some instances, drivers is elementary.

I keep and use only GoPro officially approved gear and have only used Micro SD's as stated by GoPro here: MicroSD Card Considerations

This is basic level 1 issue that should just work without issue, there is an underlining issue that is not being acknowledged officially anywhere except via frustrated customers.

My disappointment with lacklustre customer focused service to issues is not limited to what I've previously expressed here.

If Gopro want loyalty, that they have successfully built up over the years, to remain and stop losing relevance and market share to potential competition, I merely suggest it warrants official address. Perhaps a FAQ entry.

All the best - Cheers

Highlighted
Explorer

This is a member to member support site. More of a self help desk where users of GoPro products come to share ideas and solutions. GoPro customer service can be found under the "Contact Us" link.

I did a quick search and found a few articles. Not sure if they will help or not, but hopefully they will be if some assistance.

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Issues-Finding-the-Camera-When-Plugged-Int...

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Camera-is-Not-Recognized-on-Quik-for-deskt...

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/Camera-is-not-recognized-on-GoPro-App-for-...

https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/How-to-Import-Camera-Files-to-a-Computer-Mac

I'm sure there are other solutions out there if you search. I didn't about two minutes don't the search and writing this. Perhaps a few more minutes will help you find what you need.

Good luck and all my best. I hope you get it working for you.
Highlighted
Explorer

LOL, auto correct on my phone went nuts again.

*I took about two minutes to do the search and write this (well, about three minutes now).
Highlighted
Sightseer

I've been stumped by this issue for weeks. Finally this post helped me and I got the files downloaded to my computer! Such a relief. Thanks to the original person for explaining the problem so well and for the great answer!
Highlighted
Sightseer

I also was unable to import/copy certain files on my mac.  They seem to all be the higher resolution (4K) or higher framerate (240 fps) clips.  I am able to upload to quik and view the files with no issues on my work PC, but for some reason the files cannot be opened in any manner on my mac.  I have tried importing through quik, using an sd adapter, and even by uploading to google drive using my PC and then downloading on my mac.

For some reason the icons for these file appear as the quicktime video files like all normal videos I upload, but the top right corner is folded down.  Has anyone had a similar experience?  They are still mp4 files like the others I uploaded, so I am not sure why this is not working, but it is very frustrating.

Any insight would be appreciated as it doesn't seem like any of the previous solutions are working. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Sightseer

FYI - I was able to get the videos to work by updating to High Sierra OS and re-uploading the videos.  Hopefully this helps some other folks out.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Yeah, I was just got to say that I discovered you had to have High Sierra... so I did that and it caused several other issues with older software I had. It's always something! I do still wish though that I could just plug the camera in directly instead of having to take the SD card out all the time. Sigh.