Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 wifi keeps disconnecting

@goin2drt, the GoPro camera needs to be powered on to create connection. Once paired with your mobile device, you can use the GoPro App to power the camera off and turn it back on within eight hours window. If you go beyond the window period, you will have to re-establish the connection by manually powering the camera on using the Mode button.

Tourist

I do all of that. When I use the app to power down after about 10 minutes it loses the connection and cannot use the phone app to turn back on. I have to reach out of the car and hit the mode button.  I followed another thread and did all the updates as well. Still does it. Again I have a Hero 5. 

GoPro

Hi @goin2drt

Is it the HERO5 Black or the HERO5 Session?

See if resetting the camera to it's factory settings will make a difference. 

You may also try re-flashing the software through https://gopro.com/update

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Hero 5 Black

GoPro

Thanks for getting back to us @goin2drt

Were you able to try the suggested steps?

How was it?

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

Resetting the factory settings seemed to have helped.  I can turn it off and then restart it back up after 10-15 minutes.  Thanks for the help.

GoPro

@goin2drt, glad to hear that! Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!