Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 6 wifi disconnecting

I have exactly the same problem with the 6 (also using it attached to the wing strut). The video feed on the app becomes delayed, and eventually I lose signal/app control completely, or I'm not able to wake it up again. Did the 7 work out better for you?

Tourist

I exchanged my 6 for a seven. As long as I have both wifi and Blutooth active on my phone I can turn the the camera back on after hours of flight with the camera mounted on my wing.

@fastpike43343 wrote:

I have exactly the same problem with the 6 (also using it attached to the wing strut). The video feed on the app becomes delayed, and eventually I lose signal/app control completely, or I'm not able to wake it up again. Did the 7 work out better for you?

Tourist

Great tip for the checklist. Thanks!

Sightseer

I am experiencing the same thing with the GoPro7 White.  Have you figured out what to do as I am also using it for flying and keeping it running the whole time is very wastefu for the long x-country flights

GoPro

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @loyalpike85648. The GoPro App will stay connected to your HERO7 White camera as long as your mobile device's Wi-Fi is on.

In addition to this, similar to Network Rating Provider, some Smart Wi-Fi implementations categorize the Wi-Fi networks broadcast by your GoPro camera as having poor signal. Because of this, certain Smart Wi-Fi features need to be disabled. You can check if your mobile device has the "Smart Network Switch" or "Auto Network Switch" under your phone's Wi-Fi settings enabled. 

Tourist

Re: Hero 6 wifi keeps disconnecting

So mine is doing this.  I have it mounted on the outside of the car and control it with my phone.  I turn it off via the app to save the battery.  After a while when it is time to record again the camera is disconnected and I cannot control it unless I reach out and hit the pwoer button.  Then go to my phone wifi settings and reconnect.

Has this been fixed via software update or is this an issue with the 6 and been fixed with the 7?

Tourist

Sorry I have a Hero 5

Tourist

Nothing?  No one has info on this?  I need a camera that can be turned on and off without having to reach out and power it back on each time it looses connection.