Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Hero 6 upcoming firmware updates?

Do we have a timeline on when the next firmware updates will be released for the hero 6 black?

thanks

Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: Hero 6 upcoming firmware updates?

hi,

November is an advertised moment .... we all are counting....

robert 

Highlighted
Nomad

Do we have any ideas on with the next firmware update will include?  What new features should we be stoked about?  :p

Highlighted
Backpacker

hi guys,

please smile.....Smiley LOL

I work in telecommunications... were every 2-3 months an update/upgrade is installed.

I see this upgrade packages as a sphere that grows ... inside, in the volume, are the solved problems...at the surface are the new problems....and the sphere grows....

Smiley LOL

by no mean we do not love Hero6...actually I enjoy every ride, every photo, footage I take...and learn every day how to use it at the maximum potential and to overcome his weaknesses....

...and I look every 2 hours or so at the upgrade page....

have a good one!

robert

Highlighted
Explorer

Hopefully not much in the way of new features but rather just bug fixes and minor updates. We might see one or two new features that were already in the works prior to the release of the camera but hadn't been completely tested yet. As @robert1326 mentioned though, as you add features, the sphere grows, as does the potential for new problems.

Hopefully this update focused more on fixing the little ones currently present and adds very little to the "sphere".

I've left feedback suggesting more color profile options but I'm not holding my breath for that.

They have mentioned that they are working on low light performance and overcoming the random split screen. I suspect people will still complain about noise/grain after the update, but mostly because the vast majority of people complaining either don't understand the difference between low light and darkness (night) or just don't know how to properly adjust the settings and unrealistically think auto should work in every given situation. It's not that auto doesn't work, but if you want the best, most professional results, you do need to manually adjust the settings and know what your doing. This isn't just for GoPro cameras, but all high end cameras. There is a reason for the option to manually adjust the settings.

I'm still very happy with the performance of my Hero6. I've become more accustomed to it's performance and have started to become a little more nit picky, but anytime I use my other cameras (not just GoPro) I am once again reminded of just how amazing this little waterproof action camera really is.
Highlighted
Tourist

i want them to fix the random freezing/overheating issue and low battery warnings it's giving me with fully charged batteries.

Highlighted
Hiker

Well guess what. It's end of January already and the November firmware didn't solve the overheating/freezing/low battery warning issues.
Highlighted
Hiker

Gopro coders??? Where is the much needed firmware update for these issues??