Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hero 6 turns in automatically

My Hero 6 Black turns on automatically and starts recording video discharging the battery completely. This is the second One after I asked Amazon for a replace of the previous with the sane problem. The problem is ridicoulous. I Aldo updated the camera with the last software.
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 6 turns in automatically

Try taking the battery out, then press the power button for a few seconds, then put the battery back in and turn it on. Maybe

that will help.

Highlighted
Backpacker

must admit mine did this, i'd left it on charge overnight. When i checked in the morning it was only on 74% & had 2 short videos of the ceiling lol

Highlighted
Nomad

Come to think of it, I had this problem as well. It has something to do with not connecting the camera to the GoPro app during the

setup process for the first time. I reset my camera to factory defaults, went through the setup, but did not connect it to the GoPro app

on the my phone and after getting to the main menu I shut the phone off, but it would reboot instead and start recording. What I did

to fix it was reset it again and after cancelling the GoPro app connection screen at the end of thr setup process, I just took the battery

out to shut the camera off, didn't use the power button.

Highlighted
Backpacker

mine wouldn't connect to my iPhone, connected to the wifi fine but the app never saw it

Highlighted
Anonymous

Today I called the support and they helped me to install the last update manually. To do this we downloaded the last firmware on the micro SD as described in the guide and did the rest. Currently no other problem appears but red led doesn't turn off when completely charged. I hope we'll.
Highlighted
Tourist

Try turning off Wake on Voice. See this post for where in the UI to turn it off. If the camera gets a false "GoPro Start Recording" input, it will turn on and start recording.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yep mine did this aswell. 2 videos of the ceiling. It also randomy taged highlights along with the other multitude of problems - grainy footage, jerky missed frames when on stabilization etc etc. really dissapointed long time Gopro user here!!