Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 6 turns in automatically

Same issue on my GoPro Hero 6. I can confirm the testing results. Please fix this issue of course it can not be that such expensive device has this problem. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi everyone!

What had worked for me is resetting the camera to the default settings AFTER a manual software update is completed.

If the issue will remain, contact our Support Team to move forward with the issue.

They are available by phone or chat https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

patricn81, your suggestion seems to do the trick on my camera, thank you.
Highlighted
Hiker

I just received my new Hero6 Black today. Updated the firmware via the app (on iPhone). I'm charging the camera right now and it has been consistently turning on automatically for the past few hours. Wifi is off. Quick Capture is off. The camera is not connected wirelessly to anything; only to the charging cable. 

Seeing as this post started in October of last year and this still hasn't been fixed via a firmware update, this is very maddening. Especially because I basically upgraded to the 6 from the 4 because the 4 had issues as well. 

Highlighted
Nomad

[ Edited ]

Just for the record the hero 5 blk had the issue which mostly got resolved but the hero 6 blk has had the issue from every firmware release. If I charge my karma grip with the hero 6 in the cradle the camera powers on during charging then even when I turn the camera off it randomly depleats the battery, not every time but most, to the point the camera has no idea of the time and date! 

Dont even get me started on the hvec colour issue it’s ruined so many shots with any magenta or blue with its horrid blocky over saturated mess.

Highlighted
Hiker

@epicallyepic - How did you solve the color issue? Shoot with a flat color profile?
Highlighted
Nomad

I shoot with flat profile, custom white balance fixed iso and either medium or low sharpness. But this doesn’t fix the issue just makes it less severe. I wish they would release a fix for it as it’s horrible to work with.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @epicallyepic

Appreciate your feedback. Rest Assured we'll take note of that. 

Thanks,

-Jay