10-27-2017 06:19 PM
1. Glue around the back screen live view lcd
2. Battery cover not aligned with the camera when closed, water leaking possibility.
3. Battery hard to remove might get stuck inside. There might be battery swelling as yiu can feel the texture of batteries. They are not even or perfectly flat
4. Observe this and check yours as well. 2 of the hero 6 I had have this issue. When turning on the camera. A quick flash of brightness on the lcd screen every time I turn on the camera.
5. Related to number 4. Is grainy live preview of screen.
-i didnt even tried to submerge it in water. Not trusting it based on the quality i observed in all of the hero 6 i had
6. One camera had like 3 to 4 dead pixels out of the box.
Update 1.51 is buggy and the cause for the most of the issues. I had them all tested both version 1.0 and 1.51. Original firmware works like a charm out of the box.
I did not experience overheating issues. I had this battery percentage issue when i updated the software to 1.51. Goes 0% on a 90% battery. Red light wont turn off. Wont charge to 100% overnight. Its real.
Here are the issues that i observed on 1.0 and present till update 1.51
1. Puple aberration on live view on top of screen and lcd and gopro app (photo mode: 4k and 2k 4:3)
2. ALL. Auto low light makes jittery videos.
1. Split screen on superview. 4k most of the time. 30 fps stabilization on.
2. Grainy photos and videos. Obviously its more obvious on low lights.
3. Blue and purple fringing. Its annoying and cant use the footage most of the time.
4. Freezing happens after the split screen. I just press the power/mode button for 10 seconds.
5. Some photos i had were right side is just plain white. Like 1/5 of the photo.
6. I have issues with the smart remote. Not connecting. And it really does drain the battery. Bought the smart remote as the others were saying it is better than remo.
7. ALL. Auto low light seem to malfunction sometimes. Theres an indicator where you can see when the ALL is working or not. Few times its 12 noon under the sun no trees and ALL is on making downgrading my frames to 30.
Stabilization is better than others except for others using optical.
I bought a dual charger so i wont worry about the batteries not charging to 100%.
Exchanged my smart remote to Remo. And it is fast and doesnt drain my battery even my connections are on all night. Can turn on the gopro in the morning. And the connection is faster than the smart remote.
I am using the sandisk extreme plus v30. As recommended. FAT format.
And yes. I did manual updates on all cameras.
I have nothing against Gopro. I believe this is still a great product as of now because of the name. But the competition is getting better and better. It is great when it works.
In my opinion the GoPro is very expensive for what it is worth. But I bought it for a very good price. Too good to pass up.
Again. These are all observations for the gopro hero 6. Some might reply to this post talking to me like im dumb to figure out how the camera will work better. Ive read some posts and some of the frequent flyers here talked to them like theyre dumb. I believe every action camera should be ready in all situation in a press of a button.
At the same time this might help the company to know all of the issues this camera has right now. I hope Gopro can fix these issues. I believe there is a problem with QC. I am very meticuluos in every product i buy.
And yes. Still is a good camera. Price? I dont think so.
Gopro? Or NoGo?
11-04-2017 06:19 PM
Yes! I am also having lots of issues and I just wrote a review on the GoPro site for the GoPro Hero 6:
This is my first GoPro and I was super excited to get it. Bought the recommended SD card, but the GoPro keeps freezing and has a strange white flash when turning it on. Contacted customer support and did a manual update and formated the SD card. Still not working. I guess I won't be able to use the GoPro now on my trip which I bought it for. Will have to wait to return from my trip and replace it at JB HiFi because there is NO shop in New York City (!!!!) to replace the camera.
This help article seems to say that only the SanDisk Extreme works (assuming that Y stands for Yes and N for No): https://gopro.com/help/articles/Block/microSD-Card-Considerations This is exactly the SD card I have, but the camera is still not working properly. :(
Other people are having the same issues:
My first GoPro and I am quite disappointed. :( I hope it gets better when I replace it!
Paid so much money for this camera. I really wish GoPro would test their cameras a bit more!