Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 6 records sound only sometimes

I'm having trouble finding any evidence of sound when recording videos on the Hero 6. It's as if the camera only records sound when it wants to. For example, I tried shooting a video using the headstrap while playing soccer for 10 mins using 1080p60 then realised as i played it back that the video has only a couple of parts that are actually recorded while the rest is muted. The camera is up to date and everything and I waited a long time for this problem to eventually fix itself.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 records sound only sometimes

Hi @yaseenk7

By any chance do you have a mic adapter attached to your camera? Non-Powered Microphones will not work when starting a video using Quick Capture (with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor).

If you are using the camera on its own, please try the suggested settings listed above. While on video mode, swipe right on the LCD screen until you see Manual Audio Control.  Turn the option on and switch between Wind or Stereo only. Kindly test the camera and see if it makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes. Alternatively, you may contact our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

I wonder if changing the audio would help   were you on auto, wind only stereo only.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @yaseenk7

By any chance do you have a mic adapter attached to your camera? Non-Powered Microphones will not work when starting a video using Quick Capture (with the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adaptor).

If you are using the camera on its own, please try the suggested settings listed above. While on video mode, swipe right on the LCD screen until you see Manual Audio Control.  Turn the option on and switch between Wind or Stereo only. Kindly test the camera and see if it makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes. Alternatively, you may contact our Support Team for further assistance. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks,

Ej