Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 6 not Charging / not switching On with battery after Update

[ New ]

Hi,
I updated my GoPro Hero 6 Black via the mobile app and after that, I am unable to switch on the GoPro with battery.
I can switch on the camera directly through a wall outlet without the battery. The camera is working fine this way (no hardware issue).
Tried variations using the SD card in and out, formatted and unformatted, using different SD cards. I have a couple of batteries that were fully charged and still the issue persists with every battery (none of the battery is detected).
I have already tried the troubleshooting mentioned in https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/HERO6-Black-Will-Not-Power-On/ta-p/392986

I tried manual update, but I am getting the message "Battery too low for Update"

Hope that you have a fix here since this is clearly a software bug. I have spent a small fortune to buy this camera and its accessories, your assistance is much appreciated.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Hero 6 not Charging / not switching On with battery after Update

[ New ]

@mariustanya @aragon1006 @aenriquez : Hello GoPro team, first of all thanks a lot for your assistance. Today, i have received the replacement of my GoPro. Appreciate your help in resolving this issue. Eventhough it took sometime, the only thing that counts is the issue is fixed.

Keep up the good work.

Just a summary of Resolution:

1. Contact https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  Request for a call back or open a Chat session.

2. Wait for their update, if no update in a weeks time, goto https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  and mention the case number and add the status. Repeat Action in Step 1

3. Provide all the details

4. Once the replacement is initiated, follow up with UPS

5. If the Item is lost again Repeat the action mentioned in Step 2

6. Follow up continuosly

So before i sign off, take care everyone.

Be kind, the world needs it now more than ever Cat HappyRobot winkSmiley TongueMan Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @niceoasis81202. If the issue persists after going through the suggested troubleshooting steps, our Support team will be able to assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for the reply.

It would be great if you could also elaborate more on solutions here since i see this issue is being asked in this platform over and over again. Just a thought Robot Happy since most of the GoPro users here could handle tech quite easily on their own.

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez: Thanks for the reply. I have contacted the support but no response yet. Moreover, i am getting the message "Chat is not available for you". Could you please share the reason why it is not available for me? In the forum i have read that people were waiting for days and the only way they could contact support was through Chat. If this is also not available, then what is the option that we have?

GoPro

[ New ]

@niceoasis81202, we’ve had an unusually high amount of traffic in the past few days, so please bear with us. 

Please try reaching out to our Support Team again during their operating hours. Once on the page, fill out the form and you will be given an option to initiate a chat conversation or to request a callback. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.

You may also try initiating a chat session. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that your browser isn't blocking cookies and the pop-up blocker should be disabled. If you run across issues, there are some suggestions provided by a Hub member in this thread that might help.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi,

Could anyone from support call?

I missed one of your calls.. call was placed 7am in the morning without any prior intimation.

The chat is not working for me, no cookie block just a statement "Chat is not available for you"

As mentioned earlier i have spent a small fortune on this, now to get NO support whatsoever.

If you can guide me with troubleshooting here that would be great. Yesterday i even tried with new battery still not working.

I can switch on from direct power input, is there any troubleshooting we can do with that?

I hope you can sense my frustration and sadness.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @niceoasis81202. There seems to be an issue with the battery connectors in the camera for it to recognize power only as you described above. It would be best to connect with our Support team for the next steps. 

We see your callback request back in the system. We do not have an exact time for when they will contact you back since it will depend on agent availability. Please keep your lines open and make sure that there are no settings on your phone that would prevent it from receiving calls especially from unknown or toll-free numbers. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
Ok
Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya @aenriquez : Today i got a call back. I explained the issues, but there was no resolution, support colleague just asked to reset, nothing more. He said he will get in touch with some other team but gave no other information. Awaiting reply.

Will keep everyone updated to capture what happens for these kind of issues, all the other threads seem to stop  after a couple of updates without any solution.

Hiker

[ New ]

GoPro

[ New ]

@niceoasis81202, your Support case is currently open and being reviewed by the team. They'll notify you as soon as new information is available. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez: Thank you for the update.Robot Happy

Hiker

[ New ]

Update :

Today support got in touch, asked to update some info on a link.

Also, updated that they will call me tomorrow.

Hiker

[ New ]

Update:

Support called me. They gave replacement option.

Minor confusion with pickup & delivery, which I hope will be updated soon.

All in all, support has been nice eventhough it is not the fastest (understandable) but at the end of the day all that matters is whether your issue is fixed or not.

Will keep updating with the latest

Hiker

[ New ]

Update:

I have handed over my GoPro at the drop location specified by UPS.

Next update after it starts reflecting in UPS tracker.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes, the package information is reflecting UPS tracking portal.

UPS Link for India : https://www.ups.com/in/en/services/tracking.page

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya @aenriquez: I have been intimated by UPS that the package i sent has been lost. They have initiated the claim form. I wanted to understand the process here, what is the understanding between GoPro & UPS in these cases?

GoPro

[ New ]

@niceoasis81202, we try to help out as best as we can however, we're limited to the processes and information that we can access here in Support Hub. Please contact our Support Team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs so they can look further into the details of your RMA. We appreciate your patience.

Hiker

[ New ]

aenriquez: Thanks for the update, I have raised a call back from the support team. Now I have recieved an update from UPS that - The claim notification towards claim settlement has been forwarded to receiver.

Will keep everyone updated in this thread.

Hiker

[ New ]

@aenriquez, @mariustanya : I have raised multiple call back requests but still I have not recieved a call, is there something that can be done from your end to expedite the process.

Could u please ask someone from your support to get in touch? The reason for urgency is because, my UPS package containing the GoPro return was lost, as per the update from UPS. Now they have raised a claim form on 17/Dec/20. It has been raised with GoPro, and as per their update Claim forms are only valid for 15 days.

Could you please trigger the process to make sure these claims are not missed from GoPro team's end?

Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006Could you assist me here? I saw your replies in a couple of cases related to lost items.

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello Gopro Team,

Could someone update here? Is it because of holiday season, if so when will you restart the support?

Some update would go a long way.

As you know I have spend a small fortune to buy GoPro and related accessories, when battery was not working i even bought a new battery just to check whether it was an issue with the old batteries.

If you need more update please reach out, we can also help you to streamline the support process so that everyone involved is happy.

@aenriquez @mariustanya @aragon1006 @Lithium-Admin : FYI/A

Tourist

[ New ]

@niceoasis81202 , sorry to see you are going through this. I'd like to mention I am facing the exact same issue myself. Also, I noticed multiple topics opened on the same issue. I am curios what will be the resolution in the end here. Fingers crossed.

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @niceoasis81202 @radut006

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Order-related concerns are best handled by our Support Team.
You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.
You may also try a different browser or go on incognito mode.

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 ,

It seems this is not an isolated issue as it was encountered by multiple users globally.

I tried reaching the support team, but they blame it on the camera / hardware (of course). 

However, when I connect my camera to the app, I see there is an update available for my GoPro: Hero 6 Black v2.10. The usability improvement mentioned is: "LETS YOU USE YOUR GOPRO WITH THE RECHARGEABLE BATTERY (HERO8 Black / HERO7 Black / HERO6 Black / HERO5 Black / HERO 2018)". Which makes me think that now I am not able to use my camera with the rechargeable battery. Using common sense, this looks like a software issue

I am willing to update my camera, but the problem is that the app does not allow this to happen because: "Battery is too low"The camera will not update if it is plugged only to the power source (battery is inserted but not recognised). 

Therefore, this looks like the software issue is preventing me from performing the update, hence possibly keeping me from solving the entire problem.

Since all the support team could do was to offer me a 25% discount for a new purchase as a final resolution, I am asking myself whether this is not a similar situation to that of Apple, that slowed down older iPhones on purpose to increase sales. And they got a big fine for that.

Are there any options for updating the software while the camera is pluged to the power source?

Thanks,

Radu

S1.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

@aragon1006: Thanks a lot for the update. I have no issues in scheduling a call, but even after trying different browsers without any pop up blockers I am getting the message "Chat is not available for you".

Please note, the issue here is I am not getting a call back from the support. I have tried scheduling multiple times. Just a couple of minutes before posting this. I have again raised another call back request. Could you please check why the support is not calling me back.

Hiker

[ New ]

Exact same issue. The problem here is there is no way to troubleshoot. GoPro should get rid of the codeline which is blocking update when battery is not detecting.

Hiker

[ New ]
Support called today, told me that they will update by Friday.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @niceoasis81202 ,

Have you managed to get any update from GoPro? If so, what was the outcome?

@aragon1006 @aenriquez @mariustanya , I would appreciate your valuable feedback on my previous comment. 

Thank you!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @radut006. The best way to update would be manually but this will not work if the battery level is detected to be too low. In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support team. They will walk you through the next steps. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. 

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled. 

Hiker

[ New ]

@mariustanya @aragon1006 @aenriquez : Hello GoPro team, first of all thanks a lot for your assistance. Today, i have received the replacement of my GoPro. Appreciate your help in resolving this issue. Eventhough it took sometime, the only thing that counts is the issue is fixed.

Keep up the good work.

Just a summary of Resolution:

1. Contact https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  Request for a call back or open a Chat session.

2. Wait for their update, if no update in a weeks time, goto https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  and mention the case number and add the status. Repeat Action in Step 1

3. Provide all the details

4. Once the replacement is initiated, follow up with UPS

5. If the Item is lost again Repeat the action mentioned in Step 2

6. Follow up continuosly

So before i sign off, take care everyone.

Be kind, the world needs it now more than ever Cat HappyRobot winkSmiley TongueMan Happy

Hiker

[ New ]

@radut006: Hope this helps.

GoPro

[ New ]

@niceoasis81202, thanks for posting back with an update. Let us know if anything else comes up.