Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 6 is dropping frames! HUGE issue!

Guys, this is completely unaccaptable.  When recording in 4k with protune and stabilization on, with a top of the line memory card, the camera will completlety skip recording certian frames.  You can see it as I frame by frame this video.  The fence post moves about 1 post width per frame, and you can see it jump ahead by two widths where the frame is missing.  This happens a few times per minute of recording!!!

How was this not seen before this camera was released?!!  This is a huge deal for professionals, and makes this camera absolutely unusable in a production environment.  This happens on 2 cameras I've test so far with 5 different memory cards.  What are you doing about this Gopro?  I spent $1500 for 3 of these things.  Will you be doing a recal?  What does engineering have to say about this?

Adventurer

Re: Hero 6 is dropping frames! HUGE issue!

If Gopro answers that . oh boy.   I feel the best camera gopro had was tehir Hero 4 Black, Period  trouble free,

Hiker

I think it may only be happening at 24fps.  Is there a fix coming for this? 

Adventurer

are you sure?

Hiker

I'm sure it's doing it at 24fps,4k, protune, and stabilization on.  I tested 4k 30fps and 25fps, and 2.7k 50 and 60fps all with protune, and stabilization on and I have not seen the issue in those modes yet.  But at 24fps it happens every time.

Adventurer

Ibet the EIS is y our issue  new GP! chip is  also going to be something to look at.

Explorer

I think the issue your seeing is a known bug with Adobe After Effects.
Explorer

Also, are your settings 23.976, 23.98 or 24fps?