Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 6 is dropping frames! HUGE issue!

I also give up. You come here for support and throw out any offer of it without doing the tests we suggest. We are trying to help and if you don't want help then tough.

Highlighted
Hiker

And you refuse to tell me what your test would tell us beyond what we already know
Highlighted
Hiker

I want help making GoPro fix this issue not help determining weather the issue is real which I've already demonstrated in 2 different videos on 2 different firmwares. It does not need to be demonstrated a 3rd time.
Highlighted
Nomad

I actually can't believe I have to explain this yet again. If you're moving with EIS on then there could be artifacts. Do a test while stationary and see if there are skipped frames. If you still get skipped frames then fine it's not the EIS. If you don't then consider you might be wrong. That is all I'm saying now.
Highlighted
Nomad

And maybe consider a test without EIS on?? Until you actually perform worthwhile tests rather than the same thing over and over nothing will change.
Highlighted
Hiker

Alright now I give up. Doing a stationary test would A, make it harder if not impossible to find where the skipped frames are, and B, tell us what? Eis works great if you have your camera stationary in which case you wouldn't need Eis anyway. Do you see the pointlessness of that? And a test with Eis off would still be pointless in trying to resolve the issue of frames being skipped with Eis on. Do you see where I'm coming from?
Highlighted
Nomad

"You are not seeing a stabilization problem here. You are seeing a missing frame. This is a fact."

"And a test with Eis off would still be pointless in trying to resolve the issue of frames being skipped with Eis on"

How can you completely contradict yourself like this and expect anyone to be able to help you. You're lucky anyone is trying. I'm honestly starting to think this whole thing is a troll.
Highlighted
Hiker

Let's break it down one more time was simply as we can.

Issue: GoPro drops frames.

It sounds like you are unwilling to accept that this is happening. You want me to conduct more tests because you don't believe the above issue is happening?

Weather the issue of frames being dropped is cause by Eis being on is irrelevant. The fact that frames are being dropped at all, in ANY mode is an issue that needs to be resolved by the engineers at GoPro.

I don't know if I can be any more clear than this.