Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Hero 6 is dropping frames! HUGE issue!

I've watched your video. You need to do the test that daniel mentioned. Do a stationary recording and see if it still skips. Also try movement without EIS. Also agreed on that you probably want a gimbal.
Hiker

Mount the camera firm someplace and let it run for a while,filming birds or whatever.  That takes the stabilization out or the mix. Maybe they’ll issue a firmware update by the time you’re 80. LOL @ buying a gimbal. A gopro one, I bet? Like I’ve said before, it’d be nice to hear from gopro what to expect from the electronic stabilization. I haven’t been able to test my $2500 gopro gear on the latest firmware that got my real **bleep**ty footage from mountainbike competitions on firmware 1.51. Maybe when winter is over, I can try firmware 27.219384 that  promises to deliver on the electronic stabilization promise.

Hiker

What would that test tell us?

Explorer

Sigh...

I'm done.
Hiker

Here's another test with the latest firmware.  This is not an optical illusion cause by camera rotation.  The proof is that clouds at infitiy distance do not pop like the foreground objects do when the missing frame occurs.  If you still don't understand please look up how parallax works.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W_hMTfP64w&feature=youtu.be

The issue of the hero 6 dropping frames has not been fixed in the latest firmware.
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Don't waste your time argueing with GoPro Fan Boys.

They'll never ever accept the fact that they're beloved GoPro is far from perfect and ridden with issues. Speak to someone from the support team. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Nomad

[ Edited ]

1) Not a GoPro fan boy - just trying to give tips and explain why this missing frame occurance is happening. I'm quite happy to say the EIS is very good on the Hero6 but it's by no means perfect. It simply never can be, that's just the limitation with electronic stabilsation. GoPro will need optical stabilisation to stop those strange jerky movements electronic stabilisation gives. Until we see the tests we've recommended, we cannot rule out the EIS being the problem from for OP.

2) Yes, a gimbal. Any one will do, in fact I personally don't like the GoPro one. Try the Feiyu, it's cheaper and smaller. Importon said he was filming for clients. If I was a client I would want my provider to use a gimbal for anything even semi professional rather than relying on in built stabilisation.

3) Firey Flame, Rather than going onto every thread and slatting GoPro (I've seen you do it on probably 3 or 4 now). Why don't YOU ring support for some help. I'm sorry that you've spent so much money on something that isn't adequate but what is coming on here complaining going to do? Send it back or contact support and stop crying.

Highlighted
Hiker

You can absolutely rule out Eis as the problem here based on the tests that I've done already. You are not seeing a stabilization problem here. You are seeing a missing frame. This is a fact. Please look up how parallax motion works if you still don't get it.

A gimbal is not an option for my use cases as it's too big and heavy to be worn. Also buying another product from the company that made the fist defective product is not a solution to this problem.

I already did send one camera back, and I did contact support and received no reply. No one is crying here. we are making GoPro and everyone else aware of the issues so that it can be resolved. It says on the box that it can shoot in 24fps superview with stabilization on, so we should absolutely demand that it does exactly that as paying customers.