Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 6 intermitten recording issue

New Hero 6 from Best Buy in July.  Upgraded the FW to the latest.  Did some research and the SD card it came with in the bundle looked to be the right speed.  SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64 GB V30.

Recorded perfectly the first day off a trip.  Didn't remove any of the files.  Second day it said it was recording (started recording with the app on my phone).  Look at the SD card and it didn't save any files.

Cleared the SD card.  3 day first 2 times I hit record it didn't save anything.  After that it worked fine.

Ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 intermitten recording issue

Hi @graycreek144

I am not certain as to why this happened.

It may be that the shutter button was not pressed to initiate the camera to record.

Please note that the camera (by default) should have a blinking light and a moving timer on the front LCD to indicate that it is recording.

Should the same situation occurs, you may format the SD card on the camera directly.

You can also run a manual software update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 intermitten recording issue

Hi @graycreek144

I am not certain as to why this happened.

It may be that the shutter button was not pressed to initiate the camera to record.

Please note that the camera (by default) should have a blinking light and a moving timer on the front LCD to indicate that it is recording.

Should the same situation occurs, you may format the SD card on the camera directly.

You can also run a manual software update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Regards,

Ej