Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 6 gives shaky image on 1080p 100fps

Since a while I'm noticing that my hero 6 black gives shaky images when using on 1080p 100fps.

When I slow it down while editing, the image is useless. 

included a link to a video where you can see this problem. in the video you see arround 13sec a flash.
The video with the bad quality always have that flash.

this is the rawfile coming from the camera. If you slow this down you will better see this problem.

I've bought this camera at the end of 2017

https://youtu.be/IfZyFlhjYYc
Adventurer

Re: Hero 6 gives shaky image on 1080p 100fps

Looking at your video, the jump (in the video from the camera) looks like it is coming from the camera trying to figure out the horizon, lighting, and orientation of the camera. However, since you say this has been happening for awhile, then I assume that this isn't the case.

What SD card are you using and have you run a manual update?

Getting occasional jumps when filming with EIS will happen, but it shouldn't be so much that you can't pinpoint activities or movements that cause it.
Hiker

Hey daniel, thanks for the reply. I also use this kite when kitesurfing. I put the camera in my lines then. With this hero 6 I quit often have images that are not running smooth at 100fps. Check this slomotion movie that I've made. Check arround 1minute when the camera is in the lines. https://youtu.be/uJTNnv5Bj30
I use the sandisk extreme pro v30, so that should be fine.
My other hero 6 does not have tbis problem
Adventurer

Awesome video! I liked and subscribed. I'm currently watching on a phone so I didn't see the issue. If it's just happening with one camera though, just contact the GoPro Support Team and they should be able to help you out.
Hiker

Thanks Daniel,

At arround 1 minute you see somenone making a rotation when the camera is mounted in the lines. This rotation is not going smooth like it should be. I have the same kind of shots ( not on 100fps) and they all go smooth. But I will contact gopro in the upcoming week.

Thanks for the replys and the youtube feedback.

Ps: check my account on youtube for all the other video's that I have made on that trip this year. And Also check the 2017 trip, there is a nice timelapse of the stars :-)

Kris

Adventurer

[ Edited ]

Will do! I hope some other members see this post and take advantage of checking out your videos. I had a great time watching and look forward to seeing more 😃

Hiker

Thanks man :-)

GoPro

Awesome videos, @foggybeach8632. I particularly love the time lapse with the stars! Keep sharing!