Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Hero 6 gives shaky image on 1080p 100fps

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006

Received the replacement camera last week and did some tests in my car yesterday

In one video I have the same issue like I had with the one that I've send back.

Like Said before, I noticed this issue also one time on my other hero 6 black, so in my opinion it is a common software issue on the hero 6 black camera's. Nobody will notice this because, you do not use 100fps constantly and it appears not that often. ( But I use this framerate a lot in my kitemovies)

Will contact the support again to see what can be done with it. Think the development team should investigate this and come with an update.

I did not see this yet on my hero 7 black ( hopefully it stays like that)

Included the link from the video where you see the footage from the replacement camera. ( not the best image, camera flipt on it's back when I pressed the record button while driving my car, so i recorded the sky but you can see it realy well on the trees) Check at 17sec, you see it very clear, if you slow this down, you realy see that the camera's alters a moment and then continues, but it can not get the footage smooth anymore.

https://youtu.be/BmoS4v1Pu3w

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Nomad

[ New ]

Clearly this was not enough again :-(

First chat, the operator does not know anything from gopro camera's, was always telling me that I must use a stabiliser if I want good footage on 100fps, You can clearly see that this is not a stabilisation problem. If you slow it down you clearly see that it looks like it freezes at one moment and then put 2 frames on top of eachother and starts bumping.

Second chat today, this operator asked me to do a firmwareupdate again and the see what happens. It's already on the latest firmware but Ok, I will do it one more time again, but after that I need a descent solution.

Nee dto send another clip after the update.

At this moment they did not give this to the engineering departement.

Story continues :-(

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @foggybeach8632

How is the camera after the manual update?

You might want to read through this thread which discusses the same concern:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero6-stabilisation-and-playback-issues/td-p/113536

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]
@aragon1006. Solved the problem myself. Just sold the camera. Tired of sending videos after each update that I had to do. Problem stays.
So now I have 2 hero7 black cameras and one hero 6 black ( which will be in the karma grip at all time).
Hope that these cameras will not show this problem, if they do I will open a new cawe for that
It is very strange to me that this issue is not being send to development departement to investigate the real cause
Nomad

[ New ]
The link you added in your ansxer is a totally different issue. Not a stabilistion problem. Look very well to the footage to see what is really happenin. But I told you guys this many times already without result