Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 6 fails at hot temperatures

I'm currently in Myanmar, where it's around 35°C. I've bought the GoPro hero 6 especially to come here so I could take pictures of myself (bought a tripod and everything, because I'm traveling alone). Now I have a big problem with my GoPro. Apparently it doesn't work when it's hot. Every time I'm outside during daytime he complete flips out. I turn it on and it's immediately filming or photo bursting automatically. The touchscreen isn't working at all. There's no way for me to stop the GoPro from filming or taking thousands of pictures. Only the voice command 'gopro turn off' works. This is horrible for me, as I have a big passion for photography. At night time or when I've been inside with air-conditioning for a while, the GoPro works like it's supposed to.
Please tell me there's a fix for this, because I'll be here for almost 5 months and I only just arrived. Paid so much money and it doesn't even work. Tried contacting GoPro in many ways and I didn't get any response. I've never been so dissapointed in GoPro and never regretted buying a camera this much.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 fails at hot temperatures

Hi @tinannaert,

I am sorry to hear about the issues with that camera. It sounds like it is more a freezing issue with that camera. 

What SD Card are you using?

I would give these steps a try:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 fails at hot temperatures

Hi @tinannaert,

I am sorry to hear about the issues with that camera. It sounds like it is more a freezing issue with that camera. 

What SD Card are you using?

I would give these steps a try:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/Camera-Freezes-Up

Best,

Ryan