Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 6 dies overnight in Karma Grip

Hello! I noticed that when I leave my Hero 6 in the Karma grip, both will be dead by the time I wake up. This has happened a few times, and I double check to make sure both are off before leaving them. Without the Karma the Hero 6 keeps its charge. Has anyone else had this issue? I've also noticed that sometimes, after powering off my Hero 6, it turns its self back on.

Tourist

Re: Hero 6 dies overnight in Karma Grip

This happened to me today: used GoPro 6 in karma grip. Cut grip and camera on with grip power button. Filmed 10 minutes. Powered grip off. Came home and camera battery is dead. When I power the grip off isn't the camera supposed to be off too? I saw it power down, but I wonder if it cut back on as you suggest.
Explorer

This is interesting. I actually put my Hero6 in my Karma Grip to do some filming before heading out today. I'm interested to see if the camera battery is dead when I get home. I'll report back either tonight or tomorrow.
Highlighted
Hiker

I think I've figured it out! For whatever reason, you need to disable Wireless Connections (wifi) otherwise the GoPro will keep waking itself up after turning it off. Which drains the GoPro, then drains the Karma as it's trying to charge the GoPro. After disabling the option, the problem seems to have gone away!

Tourist

Excellent Info! I'll try this and see if it works. ; )