Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 6 black and Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb

Is there a reason why both of the new Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 128GB cards give me a card error in my new go pro hero 6 black.  I tried to format them in the Hero 6.  It took forever (like 15 minutes forever) and I still had the sd card error.  Then I hooked the gopro to the pc.  Yep Firmware is current.  So I formatted the sd cards to exFat on the pc, but still error in the Hero 6.  I tried the old 64GB Lexar 663x out of my old hero 3+.  The Lexar works fine.  I took the battery and Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 128GB card out, put them back in and tried to format.  Still getting the SD card error. Any suggestions?

Jerry B

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 black and Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb

Hi everyone!

While we do not have a specific reason why the Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 128GB gives this error, here are the SD cards that were tested to work with GoPro cameras:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Sightseer

I second this :( I too have the same sd card Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 128GB. I received it today and I am encountering the same SD Card Error. I am not able to reformat the card inside the camera. I was able to reformat the card on my mac with no issues. :( I am going to try and update the go pro manually: https://gopro.com/support/product-update/register-camera I will check back if something changes/works. Maybe go pro support can offer some assitance here. :) 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi everyone!

While we do not have a specific reason why the Sandisk Extreme Pro V30 128GB gives this error, here are the SD cards that were tested to work with GoPro cameras:

https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/microSD-Card-Considerations

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

The Hero 6 has been on the market on the market since September 2017 and they still only have 3 cards listed as compatible and none are larger than 64GB.  How long is it going to take to fix this issue?

Highlighted
Backpacker

i know it doesn't answer your problem about the Extreme Pro giving errors, I use a SanDIsk Extreme (non-Pro) 128gb & Lexar 633X 128gb in my Hero 6 Black with no issues

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the information on the two 128GB that worked in your Hero 6.  I appreciate it.  I may take a chance (since they are not one of the THREE SD cards litsed in the GoPro compatibility chart), spend more money and try them in mine.  It is just starting to get expensive to do the R&D work myself.  I was able to get my Lexar 633X 64GB cards to work in my Hero 6.  I may buy the 128GB and see if it works.

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm using -> Samsung microSDXC 64GB EVO Plus UHS-I Class 10 (MB-MC64GA) and it works perfect on GoPro Hero 6. Take a look maybe the same model but with 128gb sd card.
Highlighted
Tourist

Well the problem was not my GoPro Hero 6. The problem was the Sandisk Extreme Pro 128gb cards I purchased on Amazon were fakes. I contacted Sandisk and they confirmed the cards were not authentic. I have returned them to Amazon and the new cards I purchased are working fine.