Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Backpacker

Re: Hero 6 VIDEO/IMAGE - IMAGE WONKY!!! HELP!!!

hi ,
thank you for sharing!

the problem is there. see my test on tripod same setup hero5 and 6.
also the karma grip tests hero5 vs hero6.

but, what you are saying is part of the solution.
and when indoor I used it often.
a little pan can correct the horizon.

because I'm not using linear I do not bother too much.

my plan was to figured out a test to see what gives the wonky....a miss alignment in
1. vertical plane
2. in horizontal plane
Notes_180118_061809_104_1.jpg

but I dropped the idea...instead of measuring, comparing, I just simply enjoy the camera, enjoy everyday moments captured by the camera...

just me,
robert

Highlighted
Hiker

As I said It might not apply to all.

But I looked and thought "I don't have this problem"

Which led to "Why don't I have this problem?"

Which led to "What can I do to replicate this problem?"

and to be be honest I've better things to do that sit up all night worrying about a problem I dont have so that's why I done that post - exercise my deamons so to speak (it should say exorcise, but the deamons are looking rather flabby and out of shape) now it's done I can get to sleep.

Or find other problems I don't have.

Highlighted
Backpacker

Smiley LOL

do not worry, discussion and sharing is the big outcome of this forum, and we all learn from.

there is no such thing as "wrong" idea, direction, etc.

bad things happen when good people do nothing....

and there is no such "problem"...only challenges!!!  Smiley LOL

robert

Highlighted
Sightseer
Sightseer

[ Edited ]

Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for posting this! It's always very valuable to know which problems other users face and then test them after purchasing the product.

I just got the new Hero 6 after having owned the 5 and 3 for years. The camera is running the most recent firmware 1.60.

To test out this issue I used a tripod and leveled the camera using a digital level on top of the cameras lens.

Then I created 2.7k linear videos, linear JPG picutes and RAW pictures.

After importing into Lightroom 7 I checked the horizon of the JPG image (no image modification on import / optimizations afterwards). I couldn't find a 1-2° level offset. I also processed the RAW image and the 2.7k linear video and wasn't able to reproduce this problem.

So either I'm just lucky with my specific camera (quality control) or there is a new Hero 6 hardware revision. Not sure if the firmware could have solved the issue.

Setup.png

Result.png