Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Backpacker

Re: Hero 6 VIDEO/IMAGE - IMAGE WONKY!!! HELP!!!

Smiley Sad

Hiker

@royalflame06124 their shareprice has dropped like 20% since the release, so I wouldn't expect it. I, too, got in touch with customer support and received the cookie-cutter responses until they went off script and said development knows about the issues and are working on it. Who knows. I don't put much stock into somebody that caused this major cluster**bleep** of an untested firmware-upgrade now looking into how to fix it.

Tourist

Sorry to say but, by by Gopro. What alternatives to this actioncam are out there if money is´nt the problem? Skip the drone, but a cam/gimbal alternative with Pro-quality.

Tourist

I had the same pb, and Customer support get me a new camera... with same defect :-(

has anyone has ever seen a hero 6 without this defect ?

Hiker

I've test 3 cameras. All the same.

GoPro won't respond or comment on the issue. 

Backpacker

Smiley Sad

Hiker

This might not relate to every issue here but it does cover some of them.

I’ve read through this thread an couldn’t see anyone mentioning perspective distortion.

If the camera isn’t exactly at 90 degrees to the object there is going to be distorion in the perspective which will make horizontals not look level – the wide lens on the gopro makes this stand out more than a DSLR would.

Heres an example from my Gopro Hero 6 in linear mode mounted on the G5 gimbal, theres only a little variation to the pan and you can see how that changes how level the ceiling looks. You also see how the ceiling/top of the cupboards may look level but the fisheye distortion of the wide angle lens makes the bottom of the cabinet look sloped. This is because of the distortion of a wide angle fisheye and is inherant in all lenses of this type I’ve seen.

Sequence #1(4)-000017.png

Sequence #1(4)-000035.png

Sequence #1(4)-000059.png

Backpacker

[ Edited ]