Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Backpacker

Re: Hero 6 VIDEO/IMAGE - IMAGE WONKY!!! HELP!!!

@geekslayer wrote:

Mine is working great, only issues I've had are the low light grain. I use mine mostly with the drone. I've had some amazing videos from it.

@geekslayer...what firmware has your camera?

I said some time ago that this issue has to be tested by somebody with v01.00...

@danielr15  ...God I wish you are right!.... I did factory reset + reinstalled twice this morning the software...and  it is the same .... 

Nomad

@robert1326 I have 1.51, I needed it for the drone. It's been a while since I shot in Linear, I may have to check for tilt

when i get home. I haven't noticed it in wide mode. I set my camera on my counter at home as well, but that was to find out

the correct lens correction numbers for Premiere Pro. I just lined up the edge of the counter to the bottom of the screen/image on

the camera and adjusted my numbers until the edge of the counter was straight against the bottom of the image and I didn't notice

any tilt during that procedure, but I wasn't in linear.

Tourist

I have the latest firmware, and I have tried reseting the camera. This is crazy. Will go back to a reseller tomorrow and test another example. If that camera is the same then I´ve bought my last gopro for ever. But what is the alternative? 

Explorer

I try to do some definitive testing on my camera tomorrow or Wednesday.

Has anyone talked with a GoPro Support Rep regarding this? The phone/chat rep aren't always the most up to date and informed when it comes to issues like this, but I wonder if they are advising waiting for an update or camera exchange.
Tourist

Now I have been to the reseller. Tested 3!! more cameras, all had the same failed horizon. All. Maby maby I could see some variations in how bad it was, but none works for gimbal or drone-shots wehere a perfect horizon is a must. WTF? 

Backpacker

@spiryshore6845 thank you!

this answer my question...I suppose at reseller all have v01.00....

Smiley Sad

Tourist

yes they have v 01.00. And the problem is still there with the new update. Crazy.
Hiker

Since identifying the problem and starting this thread I have contacted GoPro Customer Service and sent emails directly to GoPro board members and directors. To this point I've had no response or acknowledgement of the problem or my emails. This does compound the frustration as I would say this is a big issue. Hopefully they will get back in touch with me soon, even if only to say thay're looking into it.