Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Adventurer

Re: Hero 6 VIDEO/IMAGE - IMAGE WONKY!!! HELP!!!

So  you're saying your Sensor is off by a few degrees. the horizontal  of the pic needs adjustment.  that is more hardwarethen going to be software.  Are you with Auto rotate on, and  trying to snap some upside down camera shots to see if it happens tht way also  wit hteh camera   rotated sideways. then that wil lconfirm a defect. in  your product 

Tourist

Can anyone effectively test this ? @fishycomics and @robert1326 using the camera upsidown.

Backpacker

yep...

till than....did some tests:

look how karma grip levels hero5 - perfectly :

20171101_204324.jpg

and how grip "levels" hero6:

20171101_212015.jpg

Sightseer

I’ve been having some strange issues as well. Took the 6 to Havasu Falls last week and I encountered two issues. The first, the white balance would suddenly have weird issues and the color would be completely blue. Then other times when recording video only half the screen would be recording and very shaky instead of stabilized. The other half would be frozen with the initial frame of the recording. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Sightseer

5F25D044-FE36-4C1E-8110-0683ACE2A5EF.jpeg8EF71C9C-7AA3-48A0-9573-FD7E6E7E0BA9.jpeg

Hiker

Thanks for all the feedback and supporting images on the wonky horizon level, guys. I'm glad it's not just me! No word from anybody at GoPro yet, though.

amys4195, I think your issues would be better placed on a different thread, as this is specifically about the horzon/angle of the camera being off.

Many thanks.

Backpacker

[ Edited ]

hi guys,

let's split the problem.

is the karma+hero6 or is the hero6 itself that gives the of level?

despite the photos I posted "look how karma "levels" hero6" - this is not a good test!

the levelling on hero6 shown is affected by the not being parallel with the wall:

not_good.JPG

is karma fine? YES both hero5 and hero6 are kept horizontally.

grip is on tripod beyond the level tool. all is as close to the level tool, without touching it, and camera is parallel with the level tool

hero5:

hero5_on_karma.jpg

hero6:

hero6_on_karma.jpg

karma grip being out of discussion, let's focus on camera itself.

this is the setup, use the same shorty tripod

I mounted the cameras in the same setup.

the legs are marked on the table to be sure we are in the same position.

20171102_133314.jpg

and the picture:

hero5:                             wide                                                                                     linear

GOPR5221_1509622577199_high.jpgGOPR5220_1509622577199_high.jpg

hero6:                     wide                                                                               linear

GOPR6159_1509622671016_high.jpgGOPR6160_1509622671016_high.jpg

naked eye tell us that there is a difference.

to level the window you have to +0.5 degree the H5 and -1 degree H6 see below:

levels_h5_h6.JPG

(the straighten toll does not show 0.5, but I appreciate the distance travelled by the rotation button)

the result is obvious: Hero6 is -1 to -2 degree off level than Hero5

Hero5 images with karma grip look fine.

Karma Grip levels same both camera.

so the only conclusion is: Hero6 is not level by a -1 ~ -2 degree

oh God!

in wide barely matters, you can not tell if is the fisheye or level.

but in linear is disturbing....

as linear is a crop in the senzor image, could be fixed in software.... Hubble telescope was fixed...Hero6 can be also...not NASA thought ...

robert

Tourist

That was pretty clear, and the question remains. Is it a firmware or and hardware issue?