Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Backpacker

Re: Hero 6 VIDEO/IMAGE - IMAGE WONKY!!! HELP!!!

...only if somebody with v01.00 will make some tests........on karma grip maybe....

robert

Hiker

[ Edited ]

My tests also showed it to be the Hero6, rather than the Hero6+Karma (no images here with me, sorry). I found it to be approximately 1.9 degrees CC out.

The issue is that even if it is less noticeable in wide, the problem is still there. Shots taken in wide of a landscape using the Karma drone will have a noticable horizon tilt on larger screens.

I'm assuming that at 4K the sensor has no buffer to correct the issue internally/using software trickery.

Tourist

Same idiot-issue here. Bought the karmadrone/grip kit with hero 6. The horizon while flying is just like your examples in this thread. All my flyingvideos are useless. I will return this peace of crap if they dont find a solution soon! Anyone reading this thread and has a hero 6 who is working properly?

Highlighted
Nomad

Mine is working great, only issues I've had are the low light grain. I use mine mostly with the drone. I've had some amazing videos from it.

Explorer

I originally updated on Sept 29th via the app. After filming both with and without Karma I noticed a slight tilt (about 1 degree). Hoping a future update (November?) would fix it I did nothing else. I adjust my settings in the camera for low light and correct horizon in Adobe Premiere Pro so it hasn't been that much of an issue for me. Otherwise, I've found the Hero6 to be an amazing camera and much better than any GoPro camera before it.

One day when filming I had one video get the split screen, videos record without audio, and had several freezes at about 9 seconds into filming with 4K/60 and 1080/240. I switched out the SD card and the issues went away.

Although there has not been a new update, I always reset my Cameras and run a manual update if I experience an issue, so this is what I did as well when I got home.

The manual update files are dated just prior to the camera release date (I think one text file it's on the release date) so I assume the manual update file is the same as what updated my camera via the app. Funny thing is, after switching the card, resetting my camera, and doing the manual update, my horizons appear correct. Ive been going back through my Karma drone footage and I'm not seeing it in any recent videos. I need to do more shoots and testing, but either the stabilizer in the drone or the camera seem to be correcting what was previously off.

I won't have time for a couple days to do more testing, but if you haven't done so already, try resetting the camera and running a manual update. It will be interesting to see if this truly does correct it.
Tourist

Thanks for reply.

I have now tried what you talked about in your post. Its not working for me. See the picture below. Horrible. The surface its on is completley leveled. 

GOPR1593.JPG
Tourist

behind the scenes-photo. :) 

IMG_1900.JPG
Backpacker

...be careful with this settings....the bottom of the camera is convex...I tried also....