Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 6 Update 02.01 raw audio no wav file

After activating the wave (Protune - Raw Audio) option and the import via the Quick app no wave files are available. This worked before the update to 02.01. Does anyone have an idea or a statement about this problem?

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 6 Update 02.01 raw audio no wav file

I can confirm that the raw WAVE files are recorded as SILENCE only. Bummer.

Highlighted
Tourist

I carried out another test and found the following: The wav files are present on the SD card. The problem is the transmission with the Quick App (MAC OS). An update to the version 2.5.2 brought no success. The workaround would be to copy the wave files from the SD card.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey thank you for your research regarding the missing Raw wav audio files.Smiley Very Happy In my case the Quik app failed to see them, and even Windows 10 could no longer see them in explorer, wirh camera hooked up via USB. The SD card did the trick, found them thanks to good advice. Hopefully GoPro will fix this bug soon.

It seems everyone is so focused on the low light and stabily changes with v2.01 that they have missed this one completely.

Highlighted
Tourist

For those that use ProTune on low, with minimal/raw processing, it may appear to be a silent file. Open the files in a decent audio editing program and then normalize them. Presto... the file will be amplified greatly and can then be listened to, and worked with as required or desired.
For those that don't want to take this step, and would like it fast and furious, the medium and higher processing levels are recommended by GoPro.