Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 6 SD card help and suggestions please!

Hi there,

I currently bought a hero 6 and a Sandisk Ultra 64GB card. I think I am having problems with this card since my videos would split into two videos once they are longer than 11 minutes. Also the GPS data isn't as smooth and sometimes isn't working. Am I right in thinking that this problem could be because there is too much information to the Sandisk ultra 64GB card to handle?

If yes, I am thinking on buying a new card. Which one would you guys recommend best for the hero 6 the Sandisk extreme or the Lexar 1000X? Also does the memory affect the videos as well? I was thinking either getting 32 or 64 GB. I only shoot my videos in 2.7K or lower

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero 6 SD card help and suggestions please!

older manual info had chaptering there. it's not the card causing chaptering that is quite normal but the card is not what we all use Ultra or Ultra plus we use UH-1 U3 cards  

In order to  keep off chaptering shoot just prior the 4gb limit..   Otherwise we get used to it and remember to look for the sequential file number to not forget we got it.    Maybe  the team can star to write this back in the book PDF file

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

GoPro recommended battery for the Hero6 Black: SanDisk Extreme/Extreme Plus/Extreme Pro UHS Video Speed Class 30 (V30) - ≥32GB. You can use up to 128GB card.

Highlighted
Adventurer

older manual info had chaptering there. it's not the card causing chaptering that is quite normal but the card is not what we all use Ultra or Ultra plus we use UH-1 U3 cards  

In order to  keep off chaptering shoot just prior the 4gb limit..   Otherwise we get used to it and remember to look for the sequential file number to not forget we got it.    Maybe  the team can star to write this back in the book PDF file

Highlighted
Backpacker

avoid ultra's. I use either SanDisk Extreme or Lexar 633x's

Highlighted
Tourist

What's the problem with the ultra cards?? also should I get then the Lexar 633x instead of the 1000x??

Highlighted
Adventurer

picky on cards   prefer to use a better one is Ultra not a good card?