Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 6 - SD card A2?

Hi,
I ordered a Sandisk Extreme 128GB V30 U3 A1, but received a A2 instead.
Does Hero 6 support A2 SD cards?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Hero 6 - SD card A2?

I really don't know what the A ratings are all about and whether or not they are relevant. You should be able to match the model number to the ones listed. If it's there, you're good to go. As far as in my experience, I have several SanDisk Extreme v30 cards (never really looked to see if they were A2 or A1) and they all work fine. I'm 99.9% sure you are fine with the card you have.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks, I already read that. I’m just not sure if the “A2” makes the card unusable for the Hero 6?
From what I can read, the A is for application on mobile devises. So that should not mean anything?
Highlighted
Explorer

I really don't know what the A ratings are all about and whether or not they are relevant. You should be able to match the model number to the ones listed. If it's there, you're good to go. As far as in my experience, I have several SanDisk Extreme v30 cards (never really looked to see if they were A2 or A1) and they all work fine. I'm 99.9% sure you are fine with the card you have.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you!
I guess I’ll just try it out in a few days.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Send that question in to the company of Sandisk and ask them or look at t heir site?