Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 6 Picture & Are terrible?

Hi,

My wife got me a Go Pro 6 for my birthday. I never had a go pro before so i'm not sure what to expect. Is it normal that the video and photo quality on my Samsung Note 8 is so much better than on GoPro 6? After checking a few youtube videos, I played around with the settings as suggested by some users but the pictures didnt get any better.

Now I know this is an action camera, but shouldn't the quality be at least better than a mobile phone? We are going on a holiday and we want a camera we can use for all purposes, not sure if this is the right camera for us?

Would appreciate your help

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 Picture & Are terrible?

Hello @greenrange023

Thank you for reaching out. We would like to take a look at the footage you captured so far so we can have a better understanding of the issue. Will you be able to post a samples for photo and video? Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 

Marius

Highlighted
Nomad

Can you explain what the issue is? Blur, noise or something else.

Highlighted
Sightseer

sure here are 2 pictureGOPR0086.JPG20180716_015236.jpg

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi Nomad check pictures in my below reply. It's mainlu noise and poor colors I think. Sorry not familiar with official terms
Highlighted
Adventurer

camera to  photo how far are you 6 inches A foot 2 feet 3 ft.

Highlighted
Sightseer

about 1 feet with the phone, a little closer with gopro, but it doesnt matter how far or close i am, both ways are not good 

Highlighted
Adventurer

Do you think that is because of the FF (fixed focus) lens there is a  minimum to ~  focul point the camera has an adjustable focus gopro does not.  I understand you  need to be a good 18 inchs no closer for a good photo with the gopro and many other ff cameras. it used to be a Meter no longer that.