Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 6 No Bluetooth Connection

I have reset all connections and completed a manual update--all with the same results.  My Hero 6 says that it is connected via bluetooth, but it is still connected via wifi.  I don't want my IphoneX switching to data every time I pair with the GoPro.

Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 No Bluetooth Connection

Hello @spiryboost35650

Once the camera is successfully paired to your phone, it prioritizes Wi-Fi connection over Bluetooth. This is probably the reason why your phone automatically switches to data when you have it paired with the camera. It would help if you can change settings on your phone so that it does not automatically switch to data when it detects no Internet connection via Wi-Fi. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 No Bluetooth Connection

Hello @spiryboost35650

Once the camera is successfully paired to your phone, it prioritizes Wi-Fi connection over Bluetooth. This is probably the reason why your phone automatically switches to data when you have it paired with the camera. It would help if you can change settings on your phone so that it does not automatically switch to data when it detects no Internet connection via Wi-Fi. 

Best regards, 
Marius