Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 6 - Dive Filter, Quality

Hey everyone,

i am visiting Malta to go scubadiving there. Just got my Hero 6 but have some experience with my Hero 3+. I've learned that a good redfilter is making live easier in postprocessing.

For my H6 i wanna buy a good filter, how's the quality difference between the original Gopro divefilter (glass) and a Polarpro (plastic)?

Are there any issus when filming in 4k with the plastic filter? Don't wanna slow the quality of the cam down, by using a cheap filter.

Thanks for any advice!

Greetings,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 6 - Dive Filter, Quality

Hi @c4vl3r,

Image Quality; You can barely notice the difference it's almost similar. 
Build Quality: it depends on your preference but the plastic is prone to breakage based on other user experience. 

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @c4vl3r,

Image Quality; You can barely notice the difference it's almost similar. 
Build Quality: it depends on your preference but the plastic is prone to breakage based on other user experience. 

-Jay 

Tourist

Hi Jay,

thanks! Ok, good to know that there arent differences in the optical quality. About the build quality - yeah i heard its easy to get scratches on the plastic one...

Does anyone have sample videos how the H6 performs with a Polorpro filter below 20 meters?

Greetings,

Daniel