Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 6 Brand New out the box wouldn't charge right away

Hi there,

This is my very first gopro product. After doing a bit of research looking up tons of videos and comparisons on YouTube etc etc taking all the good and bad points of this camera I decided to take the plunge and fork out the £399 for this product Gopro Hero 6 Black.

The camera was delivered today 29/3/18. I put the battery in right away. Attached the supplied cable and plugged it in to a charging source. No Red LED indicated it charging. I tried other cables. Other power sources. Tried the reset for 8-10 seconds. Removed/reinserted. Left alone for a bit to charge. But still nothing.

I eventually got it to turn on by removing the battery and powering the unit purely by the power supply. I then placed the battery inside, switched the camera off which then registered the red LED on the unit as charging.
I powered back on, had a 24% battery indication. Switched modes, then unit battery indicator dropped down to 9% abruptly.

As this is my first gopro device. It was rather strange having to go through all these steps to just get the device started and has been a bit off puting. Especially for the price of these. Will it happen again? Is it going to be unreliable and chuck it after only a few months? Has anyone else came across the same situation and have there unit still going strong?

Cheers
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 6 Brand New out the box wouldn't charge right away

The battery can be a snug fit, ensure you push it all the way in as this was an issue before for some with charging issues.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 6 Brand New out the box wouldn't charge right away

Yeah I had tried pushing it in as tight I can get. And adjusting it about. Had got it going so far with no further problems at the moment.
It had took me by surprise though, for it not working right away. Seems perfect now and can't wait to get out and use it more often.
Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.